Today Top Current Affairs 3 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 3 October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
START TEST: Daily Current Affairs Quiz 3 October 2021
PM Modi launches Jal Jeevan Mission App and Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has launched the Jal Jeevan Mission App and Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti virtually. the Jal Jeevan Mission App and Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh are a part of the flagship Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) that was launched in 2019.
About Jal Jeevan Mission App
- It aims to create awareness among stakeholders and for greater transparency and accountability of schemes.
- The App will provide all details about the mission such as how many households received water, quality of water, and so on.
- It will help in monitoring Water quality and surveillance framework.
- The Villagers can check the quality of water in their area using the app.
Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh (RJJK)
- It is a registered public charitable trust that has been established by the department of drinking water and sanitation, under the ministry of Jal shakti.
- The main purpose of the Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh (RJJK) is to facilitate contributions to the creation of a safe drinking water supply in villages.
- It will help in promoting research and development, innovation, and use of technology in ensuring tap water in rural households.
- It will help in setting up the capacity of the local village community to plan, implement, manage, operate and maintain their water supply schemes.
UP Govt Names Kangana Ranaut As Brand Ambassador Of ‘One District-One Product’ Scheme
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has named Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut as the brand ambassador of UP’s One District One Product Programme.
- One District One Product is known as a a flagship programme of the UP government that aims to encourage the indigenous and specialized products and craft that each of the districts of the state has.
- UP produce some products including chikankari, zari zardozi, Kala namak rice and so on which are found nowhere.
Mitra Shakti 21: A joint exercise between India and Sri Lanka
Indian will join the 8th Edition of bilateral joint Exercise named Mitra Shakti. the Mitra Shakti will be conducted at Combat Training School, Ampara in Sri Lanka between 4th October and 15th October 2021.
- The main purpose of this exercise is to promote close relations between armies of both countries and enhance inter-operability and sharing best practices in counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations.
- The 7th Edition of Exercise Mitra Shakti was held at Foreign Training Node (FTN), Pune, Maharashtra (India) in 2019.
About Mitra Shakti
- The Mitra Shakti is a combined military exercise that is held between Indian and Sri Lanka. the 7th Edition of Mitra Shakti (Mitra Shakti-VII) was conducted in Pune from December 1 to 14, 2019.
Former India striker SV Sunil retires from international hockey
The striker of the Indian men’s hockey team SV Sunil has taken retirement from international hockey. he gave his 14-year-long career to Indian hockey, and played 264 matches and struck 72 goals.
- Sunil is from Karnataka and didn’t play in the Tokyo Olympics.
- He was part of the Indian team that won gold in the 2011 Asian Champions Trophy and silver in 2012 in the same event.
- He also won gold and bronze medals in the 2014 and 2018 Asian Games respectively besides
- Also won the gold in the Asia Cup 2017.
67th National Wildlife Week 2021
In India, National Wildlife Week is celebrated between 2nd October and 8th October every year, aiming to conserve and protect the fauna or animal life of the country. in 2021, India is celebrating 67th Wildlife Week.
- In 1952, Wildlife Week was proclaimed by The Indian Board of Wildlife in order to create awareness of safeguarding the lives of wildlife through critical action.
- The Theme of 67th Wildlife Week in 2021 is “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.