PM Modi launches Jal Jeevan Mission App and Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has launched the Jal Jeevan Mission App and Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti virtually. the Jal Jeevan Mission App and Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh are a part of the flagship Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) that was launched in 2019.
About Jal Jeevan Mission App
- It aims to create awareness among stakeholders and for greater transparency and accountability of schemes.
- The App will provide all details about the mission such as how many households received water, quality of water, and so on.
- It will help in monitoring Water quality and surveillance framework.
- The Villagers can check the quality of water in their area using the app.
Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh (RJJK).
- It is a registered public charitable trust that has been established by the department of drinking water and sanitation, under the ministry of Jal shakti.
- The main purpose of the Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh (RJJK) is to facilitate contributions to the creation of a safe drinking water supply in villages.
- It will help in promoting research and development, innovation, and use of technology in ensuring tap water in rural households.
- It will help in setting up the capacity of the local village community to plan, implement, manage, operate and maintain their water supply schemes.
Jal Jeevan Mission
- In August 2019, PM Modi announced the Jal Jeevan Mission, aiming to provide clean tap water to all households. under the mission, the govt has provided tap water supply in 772,000 schools and 748,000 Anganwadi centres.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.