Today Top Current Affairs 3 July 2023: Daily Top GK Updates for Bank Exam – PrepareExams’s Current Affairs GK Today Section offers the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2023-2024 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC, and other competitive exams.
Parliamentary Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice to hold meeting on UCC
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law, and Justice will conduct a meeting on the Uniform Civil Code (UCC) on July 3rd, 2023. The meeting will be non-political as the panel has members from all political parties.
- Uniform Civil Code (UCC) presents to formulate and implements personal laws of citizens which apply to all citizens equally regardless of their religion, sex, gender, and sexual orientation.
Uniform Civil Code (UCC)
- The Uniform Civil Code comes under Article 44 of the Indian Constitution, which lays down that the state shall endeavor to secure a Uniform Civil Code for the citizens throughout the territory of India.
- The purpose of Article 44 of the Directive Principles in the Constitution is to address discrimination against vulnerable groups and harmonize diverse cultural groups across the country.
- The Code calls for the formulation of one law for India, which would be applicable to all religious communities in matters such as marriage, divorce, inheritance, and adoption. Currently, the personal laws of various communities are governed by their religious scriptures.
Startup20 Engagement Group, under India’s G20 Presidency, to host 2 day Startup20 Shikhar summit in Haryana
In Gurugram, Haryana, The Startup20 Engagement Group, under the India G20 Presidency, will host two day Startup20 Shikhar summit from 3rd July 2023. Startup20 Shikhar summit aims to foster an enabling environment for startups and reinforce its position as a global leader in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- The summit will help in serving as a significant milestone in the journey toward unlocking the potential of startups to drive economic growth, job creation, and societal progress.
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates Purvodaya Conclave in Assam
Union Minister of State (Ind. Charge) Science & Technology, MoS PMO, DoPT, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated the ‘Purvoday’ conclave showcasing the incredible transformation in Guwahati.
Tushar Mehta reappointed as Deputy Solicitor General of India
On 30th June 2023, The Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet gave its approval for the reappointment of Tushar Mehta as Deputy Solicitor General of India. The Solicitor General is the 2nd most senior legal officer after the Attorney General of India.
- The Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet also approved the re-appointment of six senior legal officers including Vikramjit Banerjee, Balbir Singh, KM Nataraj, SV Raju, Aishwarya Bhati, and N Venkataraman as Additional Solicitor General of the Supreme Court for three years.
Mary Kom was been awarded the UK’s Global Indian Icon Award
Indian sports legend and India’s first Olympic medalist in women’s boxing, Mary Kom was awarded with the Global Indian Icon award at this year’s U.K.-India Awards in Windsor, England.
GST collection rises 12% to cross Rs 1.6 lakh crore mark in June this year
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) revenue for the month of June 2023 stood at around 1,61,500 crore rupees, which is 12% higher than the GST revenues in the same month of last year.
- Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) was over 31,000 crore rupees, State Goods and Services Tax (SGST) was above 38,290 crore rupees and Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST) was above 80,290 crore rupees.
Star Indian javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra won the Lausanne Diamond League title
Star Indian javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra won the prestigious title “2023 Lausanne Diamond League” with a throw of 87.66 meters in the final round. Followed by Julian Webber of Germany and Jakub Vadlech of the Czech Republic got 2nd and 3rd place with a throw of 87.03 and 86.13 meters respectively.
Sri Lanka qualify for ODI World Cup, defeating Zimbabwe by 9 wickets
In cricket, Sri Lanka qualified for the 2023 Men’s ODI World Cup with a 9-wicket victory against Zimbabwe in the Super Six stage of the qualifying competition at Queen’s Sports Club in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe on 2nd July 2023. The 2023 ODI World Cup will be held in India from October 5 to November 19.
Two-time champions West Indies fail to qualify for ICC World Cup 2023
Two-time champions West Indies failed to qualify for the 2023 ODI World Cup in India after facing a seven-wicket defeat against Scotland in a Super Six match of the qualifier in Harare on 1st July 2023. West Indies were bowled out for 181.
India’s Dipika Pallikal Karthik and Harinderpal Singh Sandh won the Asian Mixed Doubles Squash Championship
On June 30th, 2023, India’s Dipika Pallikal Karthik and Harinderpal Singh Sandh received the Asian Mixed Doubles Squash Championship in Huangzhou, China. In the final, Indian players beat the Malaysian pair of Ivan Yuen and Rachel Arnold with the score of 11-10, 11-8 and won the title of champion.
Yuki Bhambri wins maiden ATP doubles title in Mallorca, Spain
In Tennis, India’s Yuki Bhambri won his maiden title on the ATP World Tour, winning the doubles trophy at the Mallorca Championships with South African partner Lloyd Harris, in Spain on July 2nd, 2023. The Indo-South African pair beat the Dutch-Austrian combo of Robin Hasse and Philipp Oswald 6-3 6-4 in the final of the grass-court event
Oscar-winning actor “Alan Arkin” died at 89
Actor Alan Arkin died on June 29, 2023, at the age of 89 and he won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in 2006 for his role in the film “Little Miss Sunshine”.
National Fried Clam Day
National Fried Clam Day is marked on July 3rd and holds immense popularity in New England, with almost every restaurant offering this mouthwatering dish.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.