Today Top Current Affairs 2nd & 3rd June 2022 – Current Affairs – 2nd & 3rd June 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
PM announces theme of eighth International Day of Yoga
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced the theme of the 8th International Day of Yoga for specially-abled people, the transgender population, women and children in his “Maan Ki Baat’ broadcast.
- ‘Yoga for Humanity’ has been picked as the theme of the 8th International Day of Yoga which will be organised in India and across the globe on June 21st, 2022.
- The main event of International Day of Yoga 2022 will be conducted in Mysuru, Karnataka.
NCTE launches online portal to Simplify Process of Teacher Education Programme
National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has launched an online portal to simplify the process of recognition of teacher education programs in higher education institutions.
- The portal helps right from the time of inviting application for courses till the stage of issue of recognition orders including the inspection of institutions.
- The applications for the recently launched four-year integrated teacher education programmes (ITEP) applications will be processed.
- This portal aims to bring a paradigm shift in the functioning of NCTE.
Gujarat Govt inked an agreement with Isha Outreach to conserve soil
Gujarat’s Climate Change Department has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to join the worldwide ‘Save Soil’ initiative.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel signed a Memorandum of Understanding in Ahmedabad.
- Jaggi Sadguru is on a 100-day motorcycle tour in order to raise awareness about the soil regeneration campaign throughout the world.
- The 30,000-kilometer journey will pass through Europe, Central Asia, and the Middle East.
Rajesh Gera appointed DG National Informatics Centre
Senior scientist Rajesh Gera has been appointed as the Director-General, National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- At present, He is serving as Deputy Director-General in the NIC.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Gera, Scientist ‘G’, to the post of Director-General.
- Rajesh Gera completed his B.Tech (Electrical Engineering) with Honors in 1984 from IIT Varanasi, Banaras Hindu University.
- He was on deputation in the Defence Ministry as CEO, DPIT from August 11, 2018, to August 31, 2020.
Dr Swati Dhingra appointed to Bank of England’s monetary panel
Indian-origin academic Dr Swati Dhingra has been elected as an external member of the Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC). Dhingra was the first Indian-origin woman to join the committee.
- Dr Swati Dhingra will take place of the current external member, Michael Saunders, who has been on the MPC since August 2016.
- Dhingra is an associate professor of economics at LSE and an associate in the Centre for Economic Performance’s trade programme.
- She will join the panel on 9 August for a three-year term.
Former SBI officer Natarajan Sundar as MD & CEO of NARCL
Former State Bank of India executive Natarajan Sundar has assumed the charge as Managing Director and CEO of National Assets Reconstruction Company Ltd (NARCL) on May 30th, 2022.
- NARCL has decided to appoint Mr Karnam Sekar as the Independent Director and Non-Executive Chairman of the Board.
- Mr Karnam Sekar served as the MD and CEO of Indian Overseas Bank from July 2019 to June 2020.
- He also served as MD and CEO of Dena Bank from Sep 2018 until its merger in April 2019.
Canada Gun Ownership: New Law in Canada
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau introduced legislation that will impose a national freeze on handgun ownership in Canada. the decision came days after 19 children and two teachers were gunned down at a school in Uvalde, Texas, in the neighbouring United States.
- The new law will prevent individuals from bringing newly acquired handguns into Canada and from buying, selling, and transferring handguns within the country.
Israel and the UAE signed the first Arab free trade deal
Israel signed a free trade deal with the United Arab Emirates, its first with an Arab country on May 31st, 2022.
- the first Arab free trade deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates will benefit from faster access to markets and lower tariffs as our nations work together to increase trade, create jobs, promote new skills and deepen cooperation.
- The deal will help in increasing bilateral trade in goods and services, increase Israeli exports to the United Arab Emirates, and will also provide customs exemption on 96% of trade between the countries: food, agriculture, cosmetics, medical equipment, medication, and more.
Two-day ‘National Education Ministers’ Conference’ held in Gujarat
The two-day National Education Ministers’ Conference 2022 was held in Gujarat from June 1to 2nd June 2022.
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, MoS Rajeev Chandrasekhar, MoS Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and Electronics and Information Technology Annapurna Devi, MoS for Education; Dr Subhash Sarkar will be present at the meeting.
Jharkhand to get WHO award for tobacco control
World Health Organization (WHO) has selected Jharkhand for the World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) Award-2022 for making efforts in controlling tobacco consumption.
- Stata Tobacco Control Cell of the Health Department will get the award on the occasion of World No Tobacco Day in New Delhi on May 31st, 2022.
- As per the Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS)-1 report, the tobacco prevalence rate in the State was 51.1% when NTCP was launched in Jharkhand in 2012, of which 48% were smokeless users.
- The GATS-2 report highlights tobacco users came down to 38.9%in the State, of which 35.4% were smokeless users.
Tata Motors Inks Pact For Potential Acquisition Of Ford India’s Plant In Gujarat
Tata Passenger Electric Mobility Limited (TPEML) and Ford India Private Limited (FIPL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Government of Gujarat (GoG) for the potential acquisition of FIPL’s Sanand vehicle manufacturing facility.
- Tata Motors will have an acquisition of the facility’s land & buildings, vehicle manufacturing plant, machinery and equipment and transfer
- all eligible employees of FIPL Sanand’s vehicle manufacturing operations.
Daily Current Affairs 2nd & 3rd June 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.