Dr Swati Dhingra appointed to Bank of England’s monetary panel – Indian-origin academic Dr Swati Dhingra has been elected as an external member of the Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC). Dhingra was the first Indian-origin woman to join the committee.
- Dr Swati Dhingra will take place of the current external member, Michael Saunders, who has been on the MPC since August 2016.
- Dhingra is an associate professor of economics at LSE and an associate in the Centre for Economic Performance’s trade programme.
- She will join the panel on 9 August for a three-year term.
Monetary Policy Committee (MPC)
- The MPC is responsible for deciding what monetary policy action the Bank of England will take to keep inflation low and stable.
- It assembles 8 times a year to set the Bank of England’s own interest rate.
Who is Dr Swati Dhingra?
- Indian-origin academic Dr Swati Dhingra studied at the University of Delhi and got her Masters’s from the Delhi School of Economics.
- She is an Associate Professor of Economics at the London School of Economics (LSE) having specialisation in international economics and applied microeconomics.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.