Today Top Current Affairs 29 July 2021
29 July 2021 Read Daily GK Update, Daily GK, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 29 July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Indore get selected for International Clean Air Catalyst Programme, Become 1st City
Indore city has been selected for International Clean Air Catalyst Programme. due to this, Indore (Madhya Pradesh) become the only city in the country. Indore is also known as the cleanest city in India.
- It will also help USAID to better understand local pollution sources and identify, test, accelerate, and scale solutions for cleaner, healthier air.
International Clean Air Catalyst Programme
- It is a new flagship program that has been launched by The US Agency for International Development (USAID) and a global consortium of organizations, which will be led by the World Resources Institute (WRI) and Environmental Defense Fund (EDF).
- The main aim of this is to fight air pollution in low and middle-income countries by accelerating clean air solutions.
Devaranya Yojana by Madhya Pradesh Govt
The Govt of Madhya Pradesh is bringing Devaranya Yojana. Devaranya Yojana is the Ayush-based economic up-gradation scheme. The main purpose of this scheme is to improve the health of the people and the livelihood of the tribal community through Ayurveda.
- Govt will plant AYUSH medicinal plants to enhance the value chain of AYUSH medicines under the scheme.
- So far, the state has 360 new AYUSH health and wellness centres and govt has decided to upgrade Ayurvedic and Yunani dispensaries.
- It will also help in bringing AYUSH and tourism together.
- will also increase employment opportunities in tribal areas.
Rakesh Asthana as Delhi Police Commissioner
On 27th July 2021, Border Security Force (BSF) Director General (DG), Rakesh Asthana has been appointed as the Delhi Police Commissioner with immediate effect. On 30 June, Govt gave an additional charge of the Delhi Police to Balaji Srivastava after the retirement of SN Shrivastava.
About Rakesh Asthana
- He is a 1984 batch IPS officer of Gujarat cadre.
- Asthana has headed the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) and the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS).
- in 2018, he was exonerated a bribery case registered by the then Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) chief Alok Verma.
Brazil landscape garden Sitio Burle Marx gets UNESCO World Heritage status
On 27th July 2021, Brazilian city Rio de Janeiro has received a new international distinction as UNESCO added landscape architect Roberto Burle Marx’s former home to its list of World Heritage sites.
- The garden has over 3,500 species of plants native to Rio and is considered a laboratory for botanical and landscape experimentation.
Arjuna Award-winning Badminton Legend Nandu Natekar passes away at 88
Indian and Legendary badminton player Nandu Natekar has passed away at the age of 88 due to age-related ailments. he became the first Indian to win the international title in 1956.
- During his career of 15 Years, he has won over 100 national and international titles for India.
- In 1961, he was honored with Arjuna Award and was also the recipient of the first Arjuna Award.
- Natekar won the Men’s Singles title in the Selangor International Tournament in Kuala Lumpur in the year 1956.
International Tiger Day 2021
International Tiger Day is observed every year on July 29 to spread awareness on tiger conservation. this day is also called Global Tiger Day. Unfortunately, the tiger is one of the species that is nearing extinction.
- In 2010, on this day several countries signed the agreement in the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit, which was held in Russia. The agreement aims to create awareness about the decreasing tiger population globally and preserve the tigers’ natural habitat.
- The theme/Slogan for 2021 International Tiger Day celebration is – “Their Survival is in our hands”. in the last year, the day was observed in online mode due to COVID-19 and was celebrated by people with great enthusiasm across the world.