Today Top Current Affairs 29 January 2021
Daily Current Affairs 29 January 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 29 January 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
DIKSHA e-learning Platform Launched By NCERT
NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) has introduced a new initiative named DIKSHA. DIKSHA stands for Digital Infrastructure for School Education. it has been launched under the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- Indian Vice President Shri Venkaiah Naidu launched DIKSHA on 5th September 2017 and 35 states/UTs have accepted DIKSHA with CBSE, NCERT and crores of learners and teachers.
- In-class resources
- Teacher training content
- Assessment aids
- Teacher profile
- News and announcements
- Teacher community
SAMARTH Udyog Bharat 4.0
The Department of Heavy Industry (DHI) has launched an initiative SAMARTH Udyog Bharat 4.0 Under the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
SAMARTH Full Form
- Smart Advanced Manufacturing and Rapid Transformation Hub.
SAMARTH Udyog Bharat 4.0 Features
- Creating Awareness campaigns
- Master Trainers to be trained
- Start-up/ incubators to be provided
- Hand-holding of SMEs to plan and implement relevant Industry 4.0 projects to be done through consultancy services on chargeable basis
PM Modi addressed the World Economic Forum’s Davos Dialogue
On 28th January 2021, the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed the World Economic Forum’s Davos Dialogue via a video conference.
- Over 400 top industry leaders attended the World Economic Forum’s Davos Dialogue session.
- PM talked about the 4th Industrial Revolution – using technology for the good of humanity.
14th Annual Conference of Institute for National Security Studies
On 27th January 2021, External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar addressed the 14th Annual Conference of Institute for National Security Studies, Israel.
- He also said that India has helped over 150 nations during the COVID-19 pandemic by providing medical supplies and equipment.
About External Ministry –
- Founded – 2 September 1946
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Minister of State – V. Muraleedharan
- Minister – Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
Rajasthan as 5th State to initiate Urban Local Bodies (ULB)
Rajasthan state becomes 5th state who has undertaken Urban Local Bodies (ULB) reforms stipulated by the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance.
- The Department of Expenditure has granted Rs.2,731crore’s additional financial resources to Rajasthan via Open Market Borrowings.
- Other four States which are: Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur and Telangana, who have completed ULB reforms.
Agriculture Pump Power Connection Policy by Maharashtra
On 28th January 2021, The Chief Minister of Maharashtra Uddhav Thackeray formally launched the Agriculture Pump Power Connection Policy.
- As per the Krishi Pump Electricity Connection Policy, farmers will be provided with electricity connections.
- Along with it, he also launched Krishi Urja Abhiyan Policy Web Portal, Solar Energy Land Bank Portal, Maha Krishi Abhiyan App and ACF App prepared by the power Discom Mahavitaran.
Corruption Perception Index (CPI) 2020
On 28th January 2021, Transparency International has released the Corruption Perception Index (CPI) 2020. CPI includes 180 countries across the world. as per the CPI, India has been given 86th among 180 countries.
- As per the Corruption Perception Index (CPI) 2020, New Zealand and Denmark have been as the Top Country with a score of 88.
- Followed by, Finland, Switzerland, Singapore and Sweden got the 3rd place with 85 scores.
Covid-19 Response Index by Lowy Institute
As per the COVID-19 “performance index”, New Zealand and Vietnam countries have bee named as the best performing countries. the COVID-19 “performance index” was released by Lowy Institute (Australia). Also Read: Corruption Perception Index (CPI) 2020
- India is at 86th position among 98 countries in the new Coronavirus Performance Index.
- Brazil has been at the bottom of the list for worst handling of the pandemic.
TCS as 3rd most-valued IT services brand of world
Tata Consultancy Services has emerged as the third most-valued IT services brand in the world. industry heavyweights Accenture Plc and International Business Machines Corp (IBM) are at 1st and 2nd most-valued IT services brand respectively.
Kaja Kallas becomes first woman Prime Minister of Estonia
On 26th January 2021, Reform Party leader Kaja Kallas has been chosen as the new Prime Minister of Estonia and she becomes the first female who will start serving as the Prime Minister of Estonia.
- She will take place of Juri Ratas.
- Juri Ratas took resignation from the post for being accused in a corruption scandal.
About Estonia –
- Prime minister: Kaja Kallas
- Capital: Tallinn
- President: Kersti Kaljulaid
- Currency: Euro
Uttar Pradesh won the best tableau award
On 28th January 2021, Union Minister Kiren Rijiju shared information that Uttar Pradesh’s tableau has been declared the best and awarded at Republic Day parade 2021.
- Uttar Pradesh (UP) wins the best tableau award among 32 tableaux.
- The tableau of Tripura and Uttarakhand’s tableau was awarded as the second and third the best Tableau at Republic Day respectively. it represented promotion of eco-friendly tradition in order to achieve self-reliance in socio-economic parameters.