Today Top Current Affairs 29 August 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 29 August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Government introduces a new registration mark for new vehicles “Bharat series (BH-series)”
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways launches a new registration mark for new vehicles called “Bharat series (BH-series)”. The vehicles bearing the BH-series mark will not require the assignment of a new registration mark when the owner of the vehicle shifts from one State to another.
- Prior to this, a person is allowed to keep the vehicle for not more than 12 months in any state other than the state where the vehicle is registered under section 47 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- This vehicle registration facility under “Bharat series (BH-series)” will be available on a voluntary basis to Defense personnel, employees of Central Government/ State Government/ Central/ State Public Sector Undertakings and private sector companies/organizations, which have their offices in four or more States/Union territories.
QSim- India’s first Quantum Computer Simulator Toolkit
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India has launched the country’s first ‘Quantum Computer Simulator (QSim) Toolkit’. QSim is a first-of-its-kind toolkit to be indigenously developed.
- The scientists of IIT Roorkee have developed QSim toolkit with the help of IISc Bangalore, was supported & funded by MeitY.
- It will enable researchers and students to research Quantum Computing in a cost-effective manner.
- It will role as a vital tool in learning and understanding the practical aspects of programming using Quantum Computers.
- QSim Toolkit will allow researchers and students to write and debug quantum code that is essential for developing quantum algorithms.
Rajnath Singh Unveils Army Sports Institute Stadium Named After Neeraj Chopra
On 28th August 2021, Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh visited the Army Sports Institute, Pune, and named the Army Sports Institute stadium as “Neeraj Chopra Stadium”.
Mission Olympics” programme
- In 2001, The Indian Army’s “Mission Olympics” program was launched with an intent to deliver medal-winning performances in the Olympics and other international events.
- it aims to identify and train promising sportspersons in 11 disciplines.
Indian and Germany Navies Carry Out Joint Exercise in Gulf of Aden
The Indian navy has participated in a joint exercise with the Navy of Germany, which was held in the Gulf of Aden near Yemen. The Indian Navy’s frigate ‘Trikand’ and German frigate ‘Bayern’ joined the exercise.
- The main purpose of this exercise was to boost interoperability and exchange of best practices between the navies of the two countries in maritime domain.
Rajnath Singh dedicates to the Nation Indigenously built Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘Vigraha’
On 28th August 2021, Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh has dedicated to the Nation, indigenously built Coast Guard Ship ‘Vigraha’ in Chennai. The agreement was signed in 2015 on Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs). for is the seventh and final ship in the series of The ICGS Vigraha, is the seventh and final ship which have been completed.
- ICGS Vigraha will be based at Visakhapatnam and operate on India’s Eastern Seaboard under the Operational and Administrative Control of the Commander, Coast Guard Region (East).
- ICGS Vigraha is commanded by Commandant PN Anoop has a complement of 11 Officers and 110 men.
- OPV is 98 meters and designed and built indigenously by M/s Larsen & Toubro Ship Building Ltd.
- It is equipped with advanced technology Radars, Navigation and Communication Equipment, Sensor and Machinery.
RBI Ups Per Transaction Cap To ₹ 2 lakh Under Indo-Nepal Remittance Scheme
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has increased the ceiling on remittances per transaction from India to Nepal to ₹ 2 lakh from ₹ 50,000. it will help facilitate retirement and pension-related payments to ex-servicemen settled in the neighboring country.
- RBI has also eliminated the cap of 12 remittances in a year per emitter.
- It will boost trade payments between the two countries, as also facilitate person-to-person remittances electronically to Nepal.
- Enhancements will come into effect from October 1st, 2021.
National Sports Day 2021
Every year, National Sports Day is celebrated on 29 August in India to commemorate the birth anniversary of Indian hockey legend, Major Dhyan Chand. The National Sports Day is also called Rashtriya Khel Divas and this day was celebrated for the first time in 2012.
- The main objective of this day is to spread awareness about the importance of physical activities and sports in life.
- The First National Sports Day was observed by the people in India on 29 August 2012.
- It also honour the legacy of Major Dhyan Chand and acknowledge the importance of sports in our life.
International Day against Nuclear Tests 2021
The International Day against Nuclear Tests is observed on August 29 every year to increase awareness about the effects of nuclear weapon test explosions or any other nuclear explosions and the need for their cessation as one of the means of achieving the goal of a nuclear-weapon-free world.
- This day was established on December 2, 2009, at the 64th session of the United Nations General Assembly by the resolution 64/35.
- General Assembly announced the day of September 26th as the “International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons”.