Today Top Current Affairs 27 & 28 August 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 27 & 28 August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
AICTE and BPR&D launched MANTHAN- 2021 hackathon
Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) has launched a unique national Hackathon called MANTHAN-2021 with the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) jointly.
- Hackathon “MANTHAN 2021” is a unique national initiative.
- it aims to identify innovative concepts and technology solutions for addressing the security challenges of the 21st century faced by our intelligence agencies.
- it will be held from November 28 to December 01, 2021, and will be conducted in online mode.
- The winner will receive an amount of worth Rs. 40 Lakh.
North Eastern Region District SDG Index and Dashboard 2021–22
NITI Aayog and Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (M/DoNER) have launched the North Eastern Region (NER) District SDG Index Report and Dashboard 2021–22, with technical support from UNDP.
- As per the Index, East Sikkim ranks first in the region followed by districts Gomati and North Tripura in the second position and West Tripura [TR] is in 3rd position with a score of 75.67 points.
- while Kiphire district of Nagaland was ranked last amongst 103 districts in the ranking.
- The Index measures the performance of the districts of the eight States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura on the Sustainable Development Goalsand their corresponding targets and ranks the districts based on the same.
Mansukh Mandaviya takes charge as Chairperson of Stop TB Partnership Board
On 26th August 2021, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Shri Mansukh Mandaviya has assumed the charge as the Chairperson of Stop TB Partnership Board.
- Mansukh Mandaviya replaces Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan as the chairman.
- Mansukh will take the responsibility to make efforts of the Stop TB Partnership Secretariat, partners, and the TB community at large, towards reaching the UN TB targets by 2022.
Govt approves extension of terms of three MD-CEOs, 10 EDs of PSU banks
The appointments committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has extended the tenure for 3 managing directors and chief executive officers (MD & CEOs) and 10 executive directors.
- The ACC has given its approval for the extension of the tenure of S S Mallikarjuna Rao, MD and CEO of Punjab National Bank (PNB). S S Mallikarjuna Rao will serve until January 31, 2022, or his superannuation.
2 Years extension of terms of three MD-CEOs
- Atul Kumar Goel, MD and CEO of UCO Bank
- A S Rajeev, MD and CEO of Bank of Maharashtra.
2 – Years Extension of 10 EDs of PSU banks
- Bank of Baroda ED Ajay K Khurana,
- A Manimekhalai (Canara Bank)
- P R Rajagopal, Bank of India.
- Sanjay Kumar (Punjab National Bank)
- Vijay Dube (Punjab National Bank),
- Gopal Singh Gusain (Union Bank of India),
- Manas Ranjan Biswal (Union Bank of India),
- Vikramaditya Singh Khichi (Bank of Baroda),
- Shenoy Vishwanath Vittal (Indian Bank),
- Alok Srivastava (Central Bank of India)
Sonu Sood as brand ambassador for ‘Desh ke Mentors’ Programme
Sonu Sood has been appointed as the brand ambassador of the Delhi government’s ‘Desh Ke Mentors’ initiative.
- The programme aims to help students of the Delhi government’s schools find a ‘Mentor’ who will help them unlock their potential.
- Children will find answers to their career-related questions through Mentors.
- The initiative is a programme where Mentors will take out 10 minutes every week to guide their students.
- Under the Desk Mentor scheme, more than 3 lakh young professionals will guide and nearly 10 lakh Delhi Govt School students will be trained for a bright future.
Smriti Irani Addresses The First Ever G20 Ministerial Conference On Women’s Empowerment
The Women & Child Development Minister Smriti Irani has addressed the First ever G20 Ministerial Conference on Women’s Empowerment. the Conference was held at Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy.
- Smriti Irani mentions initiatives undertaken by the Govt of India to foster gender equality, ensuring better healthcare and strengthening women’s safety & security in India.
- G20 Conference on Women Empowerment also paid attention to specific areas like STEM, financial and digital literacy, environment and sustainability, Labour and economic empowerment and work-life balance.
“Shared Destiny-2021” military exercise by China, Pakistan, Thailand, Mongolia
China, Pakistan, Mongolia, and Thailand’s military forces will participate in the exercise named “Shared Destiny-2021”.
- The first multinational peacekeeping live exercise “Shared Destiny-2021” is to be organized by the People’s Liberation Army at the combined-arms tactical training base of the PLA in Henan’s Queshan county from September 6th to September 15th, 2021.
- The exercise aims to make drills of battlefield reconnaissance, security guarding & patrol, protection of civilians, protection to armed escort, response to violent & terrorist attacks, construction of temporary operation base and battlefield first aid & pandemic control for responding to UN’s Action for Peacekeeping initiative.
- It will enhance practical cooperation and forces’ capability of carrying out tasks.
Former England Skipper Ted Dexter passes away at 86
On 26th August 2021, Former England captain Ted Dexter has passed away at the age of 86. he was suffering from a recent illness. He is also known as “Lord Ted” and was an aggressive batsman and part-time seam bowler. he had played 62 Tests matches for England and made his debut in 1958 against New Zealand.
- Along with it, he captained England and Sussex in the early 1960s.
- Ted Dexter made 4,502 runs at an average of 47.89 during his test career and received 66 wickets at an average of 34.93 in his career.
- He was appointed as chairman of the England selectors between 1989 and 1993.
- He also served as president of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) and was awarded a CBE in 2001.