Today Top Current Affairs 29 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 29 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 29 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
DRDO tests fired Python-5 Air to Air Missile Using LCA Tejas
On 27th April 2021, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has tested fired the 5th generation Python-5 Air-to-Air Missile (AAM). this test was conducted from Tejas aircraft, at Goa.
- it aimed to validate the enhanced capability of already integrated Derby Beyond Visual Range (BVR) AAM on Tejas.
5th generation Python-5 Air-to-Air Missile (AAM)
- it was made by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems of Israel.
- It is the most sophisticated guided missiles.
IHS Markit predicts the GDP Growth Rate of India at 9.6% for FY22
IHS Markit has estimated that India’s GDP growth rate will grow at 9.6 percent in FY22 (2021-22). The reason behind this is to implement lockdown and mobility curbs.
IHS Markit – It is a London-based financial services company.
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
China Launches Robot Prototype ‘NEO-01’ Clear Space Debris
On 27th April 2021, The Chinese government has launched a robot prototype named ‘NEO-01’, in the Earth’s low orbit. It will purpose to measure small celestial bodies in deep space and to make experiments with space debris removal techniques.
- The Shenzhen-based space mining start-up ‘Origin Space’ developed 30kg robot prototype.
Chandler Good Government Index (CGGI) 2021
Chandler Good Government Index 2021: India is ranked at 49th place among 104 nations in terms of government capabilities and outcomes.
- Finland has become the top country as per the CGGI Index 2021. and Venezuela claims the last position at 104 in Index.
Chandler Good Government Index pillars:
- leadership and foresight;
- robust laws and policies;
- strong institutions;
- financial stewardship;
- attractive marketplace;
- global influence and reputation;
- helping people rise
Amit Banerjee as new CMD of BEML Limited
On 26 April 2021, Amit Banerjee is elected as the new Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of BEML Limited.
- The Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) has made his appointment.
- At present, Banerjee is serving as Director (Rail & Metro Business) in BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Limited) Limited.
- Banerjee will take place of Former BEML CMD DK Hota.
About BEML Limited –
Founded: May 1964, Bengaluru
Arun Raste as MD and CEO of NCDEX, Appointed by SEBI
Arun Raste has been elected as the new Managing Director and CEO of National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange Ltd (NCDEX).
- Arun will take place of Vijay Kumar Venkataraman who has been serving since January 2018.
- Arun Raste will serve for a period of 5 years and his appointment was approved by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
Noted Odia and English Author Manoj Das dies at 87
The Noted Indian educationist, popular columnist, and prolific author Manoj Das has taken his last breath at the age of 87. he has written poetry called ‘Satavdira Artanada’, in Odia.
- Died: Tuesday, April 27, 2021
- Born: February 27, 1934
International Dance Day 2021
The International Dance Day is observed on 29th April annually in the world. This day also marks the birth anniversary of Jean-Georges Noverre who is called the creator of modern ballet.
- The main objective of this day is to highlight the value and importance of the dance and encourage participation and education in this art form via events and festivals.
- Theme 2021: ‘Purpose of dance’.
- In the year 1982, the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute (ITI) decided to set up this day with UNESCO.