Today Top Current Affairs 28 May 2022 – Top 10 GK Current Affairs PDF for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
TAKE QUIZ TEST – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 28 May 2022
PM Modi chaired the 40th PRAGATI Interaction
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired the meeting of the 40th edition of PRAGATI, the ICT based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation, involving Centre and State governments.
- In the meeting, 9 agenda items were taken for review including 8 projects and one Programme.
- PM Modi reviewed the ‘National Broadband Mission’ Programme.
Govt re-established the Central Advisory Board on Archaeology
The government has re-established the Central Advisory Board on Archaeology for a three-year term to promote ties between the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and people working in the field of archaeological research.
- The Central Advisory Board on Archaeology (CABA), was formed seven years ago.
- It will promote closer contact between the Archaeological Survey of India and Indian universities conducting archaeological research and other institutions conducting studies related to the application of archaeological principles.
India to introduce “made in India” TB infection skin test called “c-TB”
India is going to introduce a newly approved “made in India” TB infection skin test called ‘c-TB’, ‘c-TB’ TB infection skin test will be a cost-effective tool that will be of immense benefit to other high burden countries as well.
- The Govt will also launch a new initiative, “Adopt people with TB” in 2022, which will be based on Indian values of collectivism and will call upon corporates, industries, organisations, political parties and individuals to come forward and adopt TB-infected people and family and provide them with nutritional and social support.
UNICEF-WHO release the first Global Report on Assistive Technology
The World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) released the first Global Report on Assistive Technology (GReAT). the first Global Report on Assistive Technology (GReAT) includes 10 important actionable suggestions for enhancing access to assistive technology for all children, as well as evidence-based best, practice examples.
Indian novel ‘Tomb of Sand’ won International Booker Prize
Delhi-based author Geetanjali Shree’s Hindi novel ‘Tomb of Sand’ has won the prestigious International Booker Prize and becomes the first book in any Indian language.
- ‘Tomb of Sand’, originally ‘Ret Samadhi’ was translated by Daisy Rockwell and is based on a boundary-crossing 80-year-old heroine.
- Shree and Rockwell won 50,000-pound ($63,000) prize money which will be split between Shree and Rockwell.
- The Shree author of three novels and several story collections has translated her works into English, French, German, Serbian, and Korean.
French Riviera Film Festival: Nawazuddin Siddiqui honoured with Excellence in Cinema award
Nawazuddin Siddiqui was honoured with the Excellence in Cinema Award at the French Riviera Film Festival. Nawazuddin Siddiqui was one of the 1st confirmed attendees at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Two-time Emmy winner American actor-producer, Vincent De Paul bestowed the Excellence in Cinema Award to Nawazuddin.
- The French Riviera Film Festival was held on May 20-21 in Cannes.
Narinder Batra resigned as President of the Indian Olympic Association
Narinder Batra has decided his resign from the post of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) president.
- Batra said in a latter that association with International Hockey Federation (FIH) as its president will require more of his time due to various initiatives taken by the organisation as part of its development phase.
Indian officer Anwar Hussain Shaik is new chair of WTO committee
Anwar Hussain Shaik has been appointed as the chair of the World Trade Organisation’s Committee on Technical Barriers on Trade. Anwar Hussain Shaik is an Indian Government Officer and will replace Elisa Maria Olmeda de Alejandro from Mexico.
- The Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) Agreement aims to ensure that technical regulations, standards and conformity assessment procedures are non-discriminatory and do not create unnecessary obstacles to trade.
GRSE launches Indian Navy survey vessel ‘INS Nirdeshak’
The second of the four Survey Vessels (Large) (SVL) projects named ‘Nirdeshak’ was launched at Kattupalli, Chennai. ‘Nirdeshak’ was built by GRSE in collaboration with L&T shipbuilding for the Indian Navy.
- Nirdeshak has been designed to operate at a cruise speed of 14 knots and a maximum speed of 18 knots.
- the SVL ships will take place of the existing Sandhayak Class survey ships and have been fitted with new generation hydrographic equipment to collect oceanographic data.
26-year-old Abhilasha Barak from Haryana becomes Indian Army’s first woman combat aviator
Haryana’s Captain and 26 years old Abhilasha Barak has become the first woman officer to join the Army Aviation Corps as a combat aviator after successfully completing her training.
- Captain Abhilasha Barak graduated at a ceremony held at the Combat Army Aviation Training School in Nashik.
- D G of Army Aviation, A K Suri attended the event as the event.
Fintech startup Mahagram partners with IndusInd Bank to nurture digital payments
Rural NEO Bank Mahagram has made a partnership with the IndusInd Bank to digitize the nation’s payment ecosystem and provide a wider scope to transact for its customers in rural India.
- It will help in boosting financial inclusion, encourage socio-economic development, mitigate the risks of a shadow economy, and accelerate the growth of a cashless society.
- The partnership will make ensure the building of an efficient, reliable, and secure payment ecosystem.
RBI Cuts Minimum Requirement For Bharat Bill Payment Units To ₹ 25 crore
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has eased norms for non-bank entities to set up Bharat Bill Payment operating units and has reduced the net-worth requirement to ₹ 25 crores, with a view to encouraging more players in the segment.
- Currently, a net worth of ₹100 crores is required to obtain authorisation for a non-bank BBPOU (Bharat Bill Payment Operating Units).
- BBPS’s users will take benefits including a standardised bill payment experience, a centralised customer grievance redressal mechanism and a prescribed customer convenience fee.
Postal Department and India Post payments Bank (IPPB) Aarohan 4.0 begins in Shimla
Two days meeting of senior functionaries of Postal Department and India Post payments Bank (IPPB), AAROHAN 4.0 started in Shimla on 26th May 2022.
- AAROHAN 4.0 aims to discuss and deliberate ways to further deepen the Financial Inclusion drive in the country and to provide banking solutions to every citizen of India.
- Shri. Alok Sharma, Director General Postal Services inaugurated the meeting in presence of Shri J Venkatramu, MD & CEO of IPPB, Chief PMG of 23 Postal Circles and other senior functionaries of the Department and IPPB.
Moody’s slashes India’s economic growth forecast to 8.8% for 2022
Moody’s Investors Service slashed India’s economic growth projection to 8.8 per cent for 2022 from 9.1 per cent earlier, due to the high inflation.
- high-frequency data from Moody suggest that the growth momentum from the December quarter of 2021 carried through into the first four months of this year.
- the rise in crude oil, food and fertilizer prices will weigh on household finances and spending.
India beats Indonesia 16-0 in Asia Cup 2022 hockey tournament
Indian men’s hockey team has defeated Indonesia in the final quarter for a crushing 16-0 victory. Indian men’s team qualified for the Super 4 stage of the Asia Cup. India joined Japan, Malaysia, and South Korea in the Super 4 round of the Asia Cup.
- Both India and Pakistan finished on four points each in Pool A.
- Pakistan lost 2-3 to Japan earlier in the day.
- Dipsan Tirkey (5 goals) and Sudev Belimagga (3 goals) shared eight goals Veteran SV Sunil, Pawan Rajbhar and Karthi Selvam scored a brace each and Uttam Singh and Nilam Sanjeep Xess were the other goal-getters for India.
IBA Women’s World Boxing Championships: Turkey at top medal tally of 2022
The 12th edition of the International Boxing Association (IBA) Women’s World Boxing Championship (WWBC) 2022 was held at Başakşehir Youth and Sports Facility, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 310 Boxers from 73 nations participated in the IBA Women’s World Boxing Championships.
- Due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Belarusian and Russian boxers were not allowed to compete at the event.
Daily Current Affairs 28th May 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.