Today Top Current Affairs 28 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 28 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 28 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Rajnath Singh launches SeHAT OPD portal for Armed Forces personnel and veterans
On 27th May 2021, Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has launched the ‘Services e-Health Assistance & Tele-consultation (SeHAT) OPD portal via a video conferencing.
- The purpose of this portal is to offer telemedicine services to the serving Armed Forces personnel, veterans, and their families.
- SeHAT OPD portal is the final version with advanced safety features.
SeHAT OPD portal Website: https://sehatopd.in/,
Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma Appoints ‘Guardian Ministers’ for growth of districts
The Chief Minister of Assam Himanta Biswa Sarma appoints 13 ‘Guardian Ministers’ to monitor the implementation of government policy decisions, administrative reforms, and other welfare schemes in all the 34 districts of the state.
- They will work for balanced, speedy and sustainable developments of these districts.
List of Appointed 13 Guardian Ministers
- Ranjit Kumar Dass – Bongaigaon, Dhubri, Barpeta
- Atul Bora – Dibrugarh, Tinsukia
- Urkhao Gwra Brahma – Baksa, Chirang
- Chandra Mohan Patowary – Darrang, Kamrup, Kamrup(M)
- Parimal Suklabaidya – Karimganj, Hailakandi, Hojai
- Kesab Mahanta – Golaghat, Morigaon
- Ranuj Pegu – Jorhat, Sivasagar
- Ashok Snghal – Kokrajhar, Udalguri, Cachar
- Jogen Mohan – West Karbi Anglong, KarbiAnglong, Dima Hasao
- Sanjay Kishan – Dhemaji, North Lakhimpur
- Ajanta Neog – Nalbari, Goalpara, South Salmara
- Pijush Hazarika – Nagaon, Sonitpur, Biswanath
- Bimal Bora – Majuli, Charaideo, Bajali
Indian Chemist CNR Rao gets International ENI Award 2020
The famous Indian scientist and Bharat Ratna Professor C.N.R. Rao has received the International Eni Award 2020 (Energy Frontier award). it is like the Nobel Prize in Energy Research.
- C.N.R. Rao was honored with the award for making his contribution to metal oxides, carbon nanotubes, and other materials and two-dimensional systems.
- On 14th October 2021, He will get the Eni Awards 2020 at the Quirinal Palace in Rome. It will be attended by the President of Italy, Sergio Mattarella.
Dr D Nageshwar Reddy wins Rudolf Schindler Award, becomes first Indian
Dr. D Nageshwar Reddy (Chairman, AIG Hospitals) has been honored with the prestigious Rudolf V Schindler Award by The American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE). he received the award for his work in the field of endoscopy.
- After winning the award, he becomes the first Indian medical practitioner to win this award.
- He also received the Padma Shri award in 2002 and the Padma Bhushan award in 2016.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Book author Eric Carle passes away at 91
The author of “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” book and Veteran American children’s books writer, illustrator, and graphic designer, Eric Carle has taken his last breath at the age of 91.
- The book “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” was published in the year 1969 and has been sold more than 50 million copies of the book.
- Also, the book is translated into more than 66 languages in the world.
Eric Carle Books –
He has written or illustrated more than 75 books.
- The Grouchy Ladybug,
- Brown Bear,
- What Do You See?
International Day of Action for Womens Health 2021
The day of 28th May is observed as The International Day of Action for Women’s Health every year since 1987. it is also known as International Women’s Health Day. the main purpose of this day is to create awareness on the issues related to women’s health and well-being.
- Latin American and Caribbean Women’s Health Network (LACWHN) and Women’s Global Network for Reproductive Rights (WGNRR) started observing the day.
World Hunger Day 2021
The World Hunger Day is observed on 28th May Every year by Hunger Project since 2011.
- The main purpose of the day is to create awareness about the people living in chronic hunger worldwide and celebrate sustainable solutions to hunger and poverty and make people inspire to be a part of the solution!