Today Top Current Affairs 29 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 29 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 29 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Govt makes Panel to examine ‘Valuation of Services’
The Govt has made a panel of state ministers for better valuation of services of casinos, online gaming portals, and racecourses companies to levy goods and services tax (GST). the panel will have seven members.
- Gujarat Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel will be the head of the panel.
- Gujarat Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel [HEAD]
- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar,
- West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra,
- Arunachal Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein,
- Goa Transport Minister Mauvin Godinho,
- Karnataka Home Minister Basavaraj Bommai
- Tamil Nadu Finance Minister P Thiagarajan
Aashritha V Olety as India’s First Woman Flight Test Engineer
An officer of the Indian Air Force (IAF), Aashritha V Olety has become the 1st woman flight test engineer in the country. he is graduated from the Air Force Test Pilot School.
- She will evaluate aircraft and airborne systems before their induction into the armed forces.
- In 2014, Olety joined as a Flying Officer in the IAF.
ICICI Bank launches Its Digital Wallet Pockets with NPCI
ICICI Bank has launched a unique facility with NPCI, which allows linking a Unified Payments Interface (UPI) ID with its digital wallet, named ‘Pockets’.
- It will help in removing the current practice of linking UPI IDs with a savings bank account.
- New users (who are not customers of ICICI Bank) will be able to get a UPI ID instantly through ‘Pockets’.
- Existing customers with UPI ID can generate a new ID when they log on to the ‘Pockets’ app.
- Users will make small value everyday transactions directly from their ‘Pockets’ wallet.
- transactions will be in a safe and secure manner.
- It will be more convenient for young adults like college students who haven’t a savings account.
Digital wallet, ‘Pockets’ benefits:
Scan and Pay: Users will be able to scan the QR codes and can make payments at the merchant outlets or at other locations, using the BHIM UPI on the ‘pockets’ app.
Users can make and receive payments: Users can use their ‘pockets’ UPI ID to pay. as well as, Customers can also receive money by entering from the sender’s UPI ID.
Facility to Pay to contacts: This feature allows customers to make payments to their contacts in the phone book.
Jagjit Pavadia as President of Vienna based International Narcotics Control Board
Jagjit Pavadia has been chosen as the President of the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB). She will be the 2nd woman to hold this office. and becomes the first Indian as Vienna-based organization’s President.
About Jagjit Pavadia
- Jagjit Pavadia is the former Narcotics Commissioner of India.
- She has served as the Narcotics Commissioner of India, Central Bureau of Narcotics for six years between 2006 and 2012.
- Apart from this, she is a member of the INCB since 2015 and later, was appointed as the Vice-President of the board in 2016.
Bashar Al-Assad Re-Elected as Syrian President for 4th Term
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is appointed as the President of the country. he got 95.1 percent of the total votes cast.
- He will serve as the 19th President of Syria since 17 July 2000.
- He will assume the post for his 4th straight 7-year term.
- President: Bashar al-Assad
- Capital: Damascus
- Currency: Syrian pound
- Official language: Arabic
International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers 2021
The “International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers” is observed on 29th May every year across the world.
- it aims to pay tribute to all the men and women who have served and continue to serve in United Nations peacekeeping operations for their high level of professionalism, dedication, and courage.
- it also honors the memory of those who have lost their lives in the cause of peace.
- The Theme 2021 is “The road to a lasting peace: Leveraging the power of youth for peace and security.”
- On 11th December 2002, The United Nations General Assembly designated this day and in 2003, this day was observed for the first time in the world.
World Digestive Health Day 2021
The World Digestive Health Day (WDHD) is observed on 29th May every year across the world.
- The main objective of this day is to pay attention to a particular digestive disease and/or disorder and also creates awareness among people regarding prevention, prevalence, diagnosis, management, and treatment of the disease and/or disorder.
- The theme of WDHD (World Digestive Health Day) 2021 is “Obesity: An Ongoing Pandemic.”
International Everest Day 2021
The day of 29th May is observed as International Everest Day every year since 2008. On this day, Tenzing Norgay (Nepal) and Edmund Hillary (New Zealand) climbed Mt. Everest and they became the first humans to achieve the feat of Mt. Everest.