Today Top Current Affairs 27 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 27 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 27 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Barclays estimates Indian GDP for FY22 to 9.2%
The Barclays has downgraded the GDP growth of India to 9.2 percent for FY22 due to Lockdown and COVID-19 2nd Wave. Barclays cuts a sharp 0.80 percent. prior to this, it was estimated to be 10 percent.
CEO: Jes Staley
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
Founded: 20 July 1896,
Microsoft will retire Internet Explorer 11 in June 2022
Microsoft has decided to retire the Internet Explorer 11 desktop browser on June 15, 2022. it will be retired for certain versions of Windows 10.
- However, legacy Internet Explorer-based websites and applications will be operational on the new Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer) mode until the year 2029.
- Microsoft is working on Microsoft Edge with IE mode to replace the Internet Explorer (IE) 11 desktop application on certain versions of Windows 10.
Anatole Collinet Makosso as new prime minister of Congo
Anatole Collinet Makosso has been appointed as the Prime Minister of the Republic of Congo. his appointment was done by President Denis Sassou Nguesso. Anatole Collinet will take place of Clement Mouamba who was serving since 2016.
- Makosso has served as the education minister of the Central African country.
- Also, he was appointed as minister of youth and civic instruction between 2011 and 2016.
Subodh Kumar Jaiswal as new Director of CBI for Two Years
On 25th May 2021, a 1985-batch Maharashtra cadre IPS officer, Subodh Kumar Jaiswal has been appointed as director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CIB).
- Jaiswal will serve as CBI Director for a period of two years.
- His appointment was done by a high-powered committee led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. also, Chief Justice of India NV Ramana and Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury were also members of the committee.
- He has served as Director-General of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
NASA will send Rover VIPER on Moon in 2023
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is planning to send its first mobile robot named Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover (VIPER) to the Moon in late 2023. It is a part of the Artemis programme of NASA
- the VIPER Rover will carry searches of ice and other resources on and below the lunar surface.
- VIPER will collect data and scientists will determine precise locations and concentrations of ice on the Moon.
About NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration):
Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
Founded: 29 July 1958
Administered by: Steve Jurczyk
Phil Mickelson wins PGA Championship 2021, Become Oldest Major Winner in Golf History at 50
Phil Mickelson has won the 2021 PGA Championship and created a new golf history. he became the Oldest Major Winner in Golf History at 50 years 11 months, and 7 days.
- After winning this title, American professional golfer Phil Mickelson has won the sixth (6th) major title.
- Prior to this, American Julius Boros made history at the age of 48, 4 months, and 18 days by claiming the 1968 PGA Championship.
Jack Miller of Australia wins French MotoGP
Jack Miller has won French Grand Prix at Le Mans in rainy conditions. he defeated local hopes, Johann Zarco and Fabio Quartararo.
- This was the 2nd consecutive victory for Miller. prior to this, he received the Spanish Grand Prix.
- he also became the first Australian to seal back-to-back wins since Casey Stoner in 2012.
Sports Ministry approved to open 143 Khelo India Centres across 7 states
The Sports Ministry provides its approval to open 143 Khelo India Centres across seven states. Rs 14.30 crore amount will be spent on Khelo India Centres in India. The amount will be used for the purchase of equipment, sports kits, consumables, participation, and also, remuneration of the past-champion athletes.
143 Khelo India Centres in 7 States:
- Maharashtra: 36 Khelo India Centres in 30 districts (Rs. 3.60 Crores budget)
- Mizoram: 2 Khelo India Centres in Kolasib district (Rs. 20 Lakhs Budget)
- Goa: 2 Khelo India Centres (Rs. 20 Lakhs Budget)
- Karnataka: 31 Khelo India Centres (Rs. 3.10 Crores Budget)
- Madhya Pradesh: 4 Khelo India Centres (Rs. 40 Lakhs Budget)
- Arunachal Pradesh: 52 Khelo India Centres in 26 districts ( Rs 4.12 Crores Budget)
- Manipur: 16 Khelo India Centres (Rs. 1.60 Crores Budget)