Today Top Current Affairs 26 March 2021
Daily Current Affairs 26 March 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 26 March 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
S Pangnyu Phom launched the i-Learn App
On 23rd March 2021, Nagaland Health Minister Shri S Pangnyu Phom has introduced the i-Learn App. i-Learn application is a CHO capacity building and performance tracking App.
- The Govt introduced the i-Learn application in the collaboration with USAID-NISHTHA/Jgpiego.
- The role of i-Learn is to be improving and learning new skills in clinical and non-clinical areas.
- It will be a learning management system for CHOs.
Rajasthan universal health scheme to begin May 1
The Chief Minister of Rajasthan Shri Ashok Gehlot announced to launch of Universal Health Scheme (UHS) CM Chiranjeevi Yojna on 1st May 2021.
- The Scheme will offer yearly medical insurance of up to ₹5 lakh for every family.
- CM proposed a reform to allow lateral entry of subject experts in Public departments like mines, health and education.
- The universal health coverage scheme will have ₹3,500 crores budget and will be started from 1st May 2021.
Andaman & Nicobar gets 100% Functional Household Tap Connection coverage
The Lt Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands D K Joshi announced that the UT has obtained 100% Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) coverage under Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Due to this achievement, the UT becomes the third state/UT in the country. prior to this, Goa and Telangana achieved the target under Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Under the mission, 266 villages including schools, Anganwadi centres and sub-centres were given connections.
Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates Kurnool Airport in Andhra Pradesh
On 25th March 2021, Minister of State for Civil Aviation Shri Hardeep Singh Puri has made the inauguration of the Kurnool Airport, in Andhra Pradesh, was developed under the Regional Connectivity Scheme, Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (RCS-UDAN).
- The Kurnool airport will start its flight operations from 28th March 2021.
- Kurnool becomes the 6th airport in Andhra Pradesh.
IOB launches Savings Account IOB Trendy for Millennials
On 24th March 2021, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has introduced a savings account named ‘IOB Trendy’. The IOB Trendy will be for the millennial population in order to engage their banking preferences.
- Free Personalised Accident (Death) Insurance Cover of 5,00,000/- rupees.
- Personalised Cheque book at the doorstep
- Free funds transfer online/ offline through NEFT or IMPS or RTGS.
- The facility of Auto sweep
- Mobile Banking & Internet Banking
- SMS alerts for transactions.