Today Top Current Affairs 26 February 2021
Daily Current Affairs 26 February 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 26 February 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
First Digital University of India at Mangalapuram
Shri Arif Mohammed Khan (Kerala’s Governor ) made the inauguration of India’s first Digital University named Kerala University of Digital Sciences, Innovation and Technology.
The University with five schools
- School of Computer Science and Engineering;
- School of Digital Sciences;
- School of Electronic Systems and Automation;
- School of Informatics; and
- School of Digital Humanities and Liberal Arts
- Kerala University is installed by upgrading the two-decade-old state government’s Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management Kerala (IIITM-K).
6th International Conference on Pharmaceutical & Medical Devices
On 25th February 2021, Piyush Goyal has made inauguration of the 6th edition of the International Conference on Pharmaceutical & Medical Device sector.
- India Pharma 2021 & India Medical Device 2021 will be held virtually from 25-26 February 2021 & 1-2 March 2021 respectively.
- it aims to promote and bring forward best technology solutions and manufacturing.
- The theme of India Pharma 2021 is: ‘Indian Pharma Industry: “Future is Now”.
- The theme of India Medical Device 2021 is: “India MedTech Future: Innovate & Make in India through Global Alliance”.
‘Stories I Must Tell’ a memoir by Kabir Bedi, will be released in April 2021
The memoir titled ‘Stories I Must Tell: The Emotional Journey of an Actor’ will be released in April 2021. this memoir was written by Veteran actor Kabir Bedi.
- The Westland Publications will publish the book.
- The book highlights the story of his life such as the highs and lows of his professional and personal life, his relationships, marriage and divorce, why his beliefs were changed, and his exciting days in film, television and theatre, in India, Europe and Hollywood.
Dushyant Chautala as President of TTFI
Dushyant Chautala has been appointed as the President of the Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI). he will serve as TTFI’s President for a period of four years.
- in January 2017, he was elected as President of the TTFI for the first time and became the youngest President in the history of TTFI.
- he is also Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana.
About Table Tennis Federation of India –
President – Dushyant Chautala
Founded – 1926
Headquarters – New Delhi
Secretary – M.P. Singh
ICRA estimates the Indian GDP to contract 7% in FY21
ICRA has made a prediction that the GDP of India will contract 7 per cent in the current fiscal (FY21). ICRA is an Indian rating agency.
- However, ICAR also adds that For the fiscal year FY22 (2021-22), India’s economy will increase to 10.5% due to higher central government spending and a pick-up in consumption.
Moody predicts India’s GDP to contract 7% in FY21
As per the Global rating agency Moody, The GDP of India will shrink by 7 per cent in FY21. however, Moody mentioned that India’s growth will increase to 13.7 per cent for the next financial year 2021-22.
- prior to this, Moody estimated 10.08 per cent growth for FY22.
About Global rating agency Moody
CEO: Raymond W. McDaniel Jr
Founder: John Moody