Today Top Current Affairs 25 February 2021
Daily Current Affairs 25 February 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 25 February 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Flower Processing Centre will be established in Karnataka
The Ministry of Horticulture of Karnataka state will set up a flower processing centre. The Ministry will get cooperation from the Bangalore International Flower Auction (IFAB).
- The Ministry will establish to convert unsold flowers into high value-added products, such as flower art, natural dyes, incense sticks, flower paper, flower embedding works, flower petal powder for cosmetics and flowers stored in silica.
Population Versus Planet Conference was held
On 20th February 2021, The “Population Vs Planet” conference was conducted. Dr Harsh Vardhan participated and expressed his views in WION and Zee Media’s Population versus Planet’ Conference which is a part of its year-long campaign called ‘Mission Sustainability: Population Vs Planet’.
- The population of the world is a witness to an increase from 1 billion in the year 1800 to 7.8 billion.
- even though India’s population has increased from 36 crores in 1951 to 121.02 crore in 2011.
- the country has witnessed a significant decline in both fertility and mortality.
National Technology Awards 2020: 12 Companies Selected
The Board of Technology Development (TDB) has selected a total of 12 companies for the National Technology Awards 2020.
The companies were selected into three categories. they are
- indigenous technologies
- L&T Special Steels and Heavy Forgings Private LTD ( Surat)
- Vinati Organics Limited (Mumbai)
- RAR Engineering Private Limited (Delhi)
- Fibroheal Wound care Private Limited (Bangalore)
- Althion Tech Innovations Private Limited (Hyderabad)
- KBCols Sciences Private Limited (Pune)
- Shira MedTech Private Limited (Ahmedabad)
- Newndra Innovations Private Limited (Jaipur)
- AKS Information Technology Services Private Limited (Noida)
- SVP Laser Technologies Private Limited (Chennai)
- Kan Biosys Private Limited (Pune)
- AlgalR NutraPharms Private Limited (Thanjavur)
Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival awards
On 20th February 2021, The Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival awards have been announced and Late Sushant Singh Rajput has been honoured with the Critic’s Best Actor Award.
- The Indian Govt introduced Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards in 1969 in order to commemorate the father of Indian cinema, Dadasaheb Phalke.
|Best Actor (Female)||Deepika Padukone|
|Best Actor (Male)||Akshay Kumar|
|Critic’s Best Actress||Kiara Advani|
|Critic’s Best Actor||Late Sushant Singh Rajput|
|Best Film||Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior|
|Best International Feature Film||Parasite Most Versatile Actor – Kay Kay Menon|
|Best Director||Anurag Basu, Ludo|
|Best Actor in a Supporting Role||Vikrant Massey, Chhapaak|
|Best Actress in Supporting Role||Radhika Madan, Angrezi Medium|
|Best Actor in Comic Role||Kunal Kemmu, Lootcase|
|Best Actor (Web Series)||Bobby Deol, Aashram|
|Best Actress (Web Series)||Sushmita Sen, Aarya|
|Best Web Series||Scam: 1992|
|Album of the Year||Titliyaan|
|Best Television Series||Kundali Bhagya|
|Photographer of the Year||Daboo Ratnani|
|Style Diva of the Year||Divya Khosla Kumar|
|Best Actress in Television Series||Surbhi Chandna|
|Best Actor in Television Series||Dheeraj Dhoopar|
|Performer of the Year||Nora Fatehi|
to Film Industry
|Outstanding Contribution to|
Literature in Indian Cinema
Central Excise Day 2021
The day of 24th February is being observed as Central Excise Day in India.
- The main objective of this day is to recognize the contribution of the Central Committee of Consumption Tax to the Indian economy.
- This day promotes equality among officials of the CBEC Ministry.
- also, it commemorates the enactment of the 1944 Central Consumption Tax Law on February 24.