Today Top Current Affairs 24 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 24th October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
★★★★ Attempt Test ★★★★
|★★ Daily Current Affairs Quiz 24th October 2021 ★★|
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions And Answers Set 47|
|Static GK Quiz Questions and Answers Set 143|
Chhattisgarh Launches Shri Dhanwantri Generic Medical Store Scheme
The Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh Shri Bhupesh Baghel has virtually launched a new scheme named ‘Shri Dhanwantri Generic Medical Store scheme (श्री धन्वंतरी जेनेरिक मेडिकल स्टोर योजना)’. The aim of the scheme is to provide low-cost generic medicines. it will also enable seamless healthcare services to the vulnerable people of the state.
- The prices of Generic medicines will decline by 50 – 71% at these medical stores Under the ‘Shri Dhanwantri Generic Medical Store’ scheme
- The Urban Administration and Development Department will operate this scheme in the state.
- 188 medical shops is to be opened in around 169 cities that will distribute 251 types of generic medicines and 27 surgical products.
- with the new scheme, people will be provided a discount between 09 percent and 71 percent on the MRP (Market Rate Price) of generic medicines.
RBI introduces Scale Based Regulation (SBR) for NBFCs
The Reserve Bank of India is going to introduce the scale-based regulation (SBR) for non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) and it will come into effect from October 01, 2022.
- RBI has divided NBFCs into four layers (or 4 scales) on the basis of size, activity, and perceived riskiness.
- NBFC – Base Layer (NBFC-BL),
- NBFC – Middle Layer (NBFC-ML),
- NBFC – Upper Layer (NBFC-UL)
- NBFC – Top Layer (NBFC-TL).
- base layer – It is NBFCs with asset size up to Rs 1000 crore and includes NBFCs P2P and NBFC Account Aggregators.
- middle layer – It will have an asset size of over Rs 1,000 crore and housing finance companies. will also include core investment companies, infrastructure finance companies.
- Upper layer NBFCs – Is to be identified by the Reserve Bank as warranting enhanced regulatory requirement based on a set of parameters and scoring methodology as provided in the Appendix to this circular.
- Top Layer – It will ideally remain empty. it will be used when there is a substantial increase in the potential systemic risk from specific NBFCs in the Upper Layer and Such NBFCs will be included to the Top Layer
Ramnath Krishnan as Managing Director and Group CEO of ICRA
Ramnath Krishnan has been elected as the new Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of rating agency ICRA. Ramnath Krishnan will take place of N Sivaraman, who resigned with immediate effect citing personal reasons on October 22nd, 2021.
- He will lead Icra’s business strategy, augment organizational capabilities.
- He will also play a role in strengthening the independence and objectivity of the organisation’s culture of analytical excellence.
The Origin Story of India’s States book by Venkataraghavan Subha Srinivasan
Venkataraghavan Subha Srinivasan has authored a new book titled “The Origin Story of India’s States”. the book highlights the fascinating political and historical circumstances of the birth of India’s states and union territories.
- it also narrates the unique aspects of Indian history and adds to the understanding of how India has been built.
- The Book was published by Penguin Random House India.
World Development Information Day 2021
World Development Information Day is observed on October 24th annually. The main purpose of this day is to improve the dissemination of information and mobilize public opinion, especially among young people.
- It also focuses on the development problems
- it also marks the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them for overall growth and development.
International Day of Diplomats 2021
Every year, The International Day of Diplomats is celebrated on 24th October to mark the contributions made by diplomats to shape the world since ancient times and in making our planet a better place.
- The main purpose of this day is to bridge the gap in perception and reality of diplomats’ lives among the general public.
- In 2017, it was organised for the first time in Brazil’s capital Brasilia.
United Nations Day 2021
Every year, The United Nations (UN) Day is observed on October 24th in order to highlight the official establishment of the United Nations in 1945. In 1945, the Charter of the United Nations came into force.
- United Nations (UN) aims to develop friendly relations among countries, and roles to achieve international cooperation and be a centre of coordination for nations.
- In 2021, the 76th anniversary of the United Nations and its founding Charter will be celebrated.
- The theme of UN Day is “Building Back Together for Peace and Prosperity”.
World Polio Day 2021
Every year, World Polio Day is celebrated on 24th October across the globe. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness for polio vaccination and the eradication of polio.
- Rotary International designated polio day.
- It day also makes the birth of Jonas Salk. Jonas Salk led the first team to develop a vaccine against poliomyelitis.
- The theme 2021 for World Polio Day is “One Day. One Focus: Ending Polio – delivering on our promise of a polio-free world!”.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|