Today Top Current Affairs 23 June 2021
Daily Current Affairs 23 June 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 23 June 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Mawya Sudan as the first female fighter pilot from Jammu and Kashmir
Flying Officer Mawya Sudan has been inducted as a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force (IAF) and becomes the first woman from Jammu and Kashmir.
- Mawya is the 12th female fighter pilot who has been inducted into the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- On 19th June 2021, She was appointed as a fighter pilot at the Airforce Academy in Hyderabad during the Combined Graduation parade ceremony.
- Being a fighter pilot, Sudan will have to clear rigorous fighter training for over a year.
Finance Ministry permits HFCs above Rs 100 cr to use to SARFAESI law
The Ministry of Finance has given its allowance to housing finance companies (HFCs) with asset sizes of more than Rs. 100 crore to recover the dues using SARFAESI law.
- Prior to this, Finance Ministry allowed HFCs with assets over Rs. 500 crore to use SARFAESI law to recover dues.
What is SARFAESI Act 2002
SARFAESI Act 2002 allows banks and other financial institutions to auction residential or commercial properties (of Defaulter) to recover dues or loans.
DR Tadang Minu as a member of the International Boxing Association(AIBA) coaches committee, becomes 1st Indian woman
Dr. Tadang Minu has been elected as a member of the Coaches Committee of the International Boxing Association (AIBA). due to her appointments, she becomes the first Indian woman and the only 2nd Indian to be elected as a member of AIBA.
- Along with it, Minu is serving as the chairman of the Women’s Commission of the Boxing Federation of India and also working as the President of the Arunachal Amateur Boxing Association (AABA) and HOD (in charge) of Physical Education at Rajiv Gandhi University(RGU).
International Widows Day 2021
The International Widows Day is observed on 23rd June every year in order to create awareness among people regarding the issue of widowhood and this day also addresses the “poverty and injustice faced by millions of widows and their dependents in many countries”.
- The Loomba Foundation established this day to raise awareness regarding the issues of widowhood.
- It also marks this day when Shrimati Pushpa Wati Loomba, mother of Lord Loomba, became a widow in 1954.
- In the year 2005, The first International Widows Day was held and celebrated by Lord Loomba and Cherie Blair, the foundation’s president.
- On 21st December 2010, the United Nations adopted this day to observe as International Widows Day.
- The theme for International Widows Day 2021 is “Invisible Women, Invisible Problems”.
International Olympic Day 2021
Every year, International Olympics Day is observed on 23rd June across the world in order to mark sports and health. it also highlights the day when International Olympic Committee was established in the year 1894. The main purpose of this day is to promote sports and also conveys the message of making sports an integral part of life.
- In 1948, International Olympic Committee adopted this day to observe for honoring the International Olympic Committee’s foundation at the Sorbonne, Paris. prior to this, Doctor Gruss introduced a report to celebrate Olympic Day during the 41st Session of the International Olympic Committee in Stockholm.
- The World Olympic Day (International Olympic Day) 2021 theme is “Stay healthy, stay strong, stay active with the #OlympicDay workout on 23 June.” and theme highlights the three pillars – “move”, “learn” and “discover”
United Nations Public Service Day 2021
The day of 23rd June is celebrated as United Nations Public Service Day every year with the purpose to honor the value of public service to the common people. also, this day marks as a tribute to the people who are connected with public service in all the counties of the world.
- On this day, the United Nations (UN) organizes a Public Service Awards ceremony to honor public service institutions worldwide for their contributions.
- This year, the United Nations Public Service Day has the theme that is “Innovating the Future Public Service: New Government Models for a New Era to Reach the SDGs”.
Daily Current Affairs 23 June 2021: FAQ
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.