Current Affairs 24th December 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Odisha CM inaugurated Odisha’s longest bridge ‘T-Setu’ in Cuttack
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated T-Setu on 20 December 2021, T-Setu is the State’s longest bridge over Mahanadi in the Cuttack district. it will connect Gopinathpur in Badamba, Baideswar in Banki to Singhanath Pitha located in the middle of the river.
- T-Setu bridge is a 3.4 km long bridge and has been built in the shape of the English alphabet ‘T’ at a cost of Rs 111 crores.
- It has a footpath of 1.5 metres in width on both sides.
- The bridge will also help in facilitating communication for around five lakh people of the nearby localities.
Jharkhand Assembly clears Bill to prevent mob violence and lynching
The Jharkhand Assembly has passed the Prevention of Mob Violence and Mob Lynching Bill, 2021. the bill will ensure providing “effective protection” of constitutional rights and the prevention of mob violence in the state.
- Jharkhand state will be the 4 Indian states that have passed the Prevention of Mob Violence and Mob Lynching Bill.
- prior to this, West Bengal, Rajasthan and Manipur have passed the bill to prevent mob violence, lynching cases in the states.
The Prevention of Mob Violence and Mob Lynching Bill, 2021
- The Bill defines lynching as “any act or series of acts of violence or death or aiding, abetting or attempting an act of violence or death, whether spontaneous or planned, by a mob on the grounds of religion, race, caste, sex, place of birth, language, dietary practices, sexual orientation, political affiliation, ethnicity or any other ground”.
- As per the bill, people who are involved in mob lynching lead to “injury or death”, will face a jail term of three years to life imprisonment and fines of up to ₹25 lakh
India among world’s top 3 dope violators in latest WADA report
India has been inducted into the top three of the world’s biggest doping violators in a WADA report. Indian athletes were involved 152 times in dope-related activities in the year 2019 with bodybuilding, weightlifting and athletics contributing majorly to the country’s embarrassing record.
- World Anti-Doping Agency has released the latest report.
- As per the report, India is only behind Russia (167) and Italy (157).
- Followed by Brazil and Iran were placed at 3rd and 4th place with 78 and 70.
Wipro to acquire Edgile in USD 230-million deal
Wipro will acquire Edgile, a transformational cyber security consulting provider, for $230 million. Edgile provides security and risk leaders for its business-aligned cyber security capability, deep understanding of the changing regulatory environment.
- Wipro will develop Wipro CyberTransform with Edgile in order to help enterprises enhance boardroom governance of cyber security risk, invest in robust cyber strategies, and reap the value of practical security in action.
NPCI partners with Udemy Business to upskill employees
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has partnered with Udemy Business in order to encourage continuous learning and skill development for its employees.
- NPCI provides programmes to make capability in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Blockchain, Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), Advance Open Source, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Product Strategy and Relationship Management, among others.
- NPCI is focusing its vision of ‘Talent Development for All’, aimed to boost the capacity building of its employees
- NPCI also offers a Differentiated Growth Map and performance metrics strategy to specialists in CoE roles to deepen their skills and expertise.
‘Bachelor Dad’ book by Tusshar Kapoor
Tusshar Kapoor has released his first book or debut book titled “Bachelor Dad”. the book covers the story of the actor who became a single father to son Laksshya Kapoor via surrogacy in 2016.
- Actor Tusshar Kapoor shares his journey of being a single father in the new book.
- The book has been published by penguinindia.
India successfully tests ‘Pralay’ missile off Odisha coast
India has successfully test-fired the short-range, surface-to-surface guided ballistic missile ‘Pralay’ off the Odisha coast in Balasore on December 22, 2021. the test was conducted from Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha.
- The missile achieved the desired quasi ballistic trajectory and successfully reached the designated target with high degree accuracy, validating the control, guidance and mission algorithms.
- ‘Pralay’ Missile has been developed by the Defence Research Development Organisation and it is based on the Prithvi Defence Vehicle from the Indian ballistic missile programme.
National Consumer Rights Day 2021
Every year, National Consumer Rights Day is observed on 24th December. it is also called National Consumer Day. this day also marks when the Consumer Protection Act 1986 received Presidential assent and came into force in 1986.
- The main objective of this day is to ensure consumers with effective safeguards against different types of exploitation, such as defective goods, deficiency in services and unfair trade practices.
Consumer Rights in India:
Consumer Protection Act ensures 6 basic rights to consumers they are:
- right to choose the product;
- right to be protected from all kinds of hazardous goods;
- right to be informed about the performance and quality of all products;
- right to be heard in all decision-making processes related to consumer interests;
- right to seek redressal, whenever consumer rights have been infringed;
- right to complete consumer education.
<< Read Full News Here >>
Daily Current Affairs 24th December 2021: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.