India among world’s top 3 dope violators in the latest WADA report – India has been inducted into the top three of the world’s biggest doping violators in a WADA report. Indian athletes were involved 152 times in dope-related activities in the year 2019 with bodybuilding, weightlifting and athletics contributing majorly to the country’s embarrassing record.
- World Anti-Doping Agency has released the latest report.
- As per the report, India is only behind Russia (167) and Italy (157).
- Followed by Brazil and Iran were placed at 3rd and 4th place with 78 and 70.
WADA report 2021 –
- Anti-Doping Organisations collected a total of 278,047 samples in 2019 and in which 2,701 (1 per cent) samples were found as Adverse Analytical Findings.
- In 2021, 1,535 samples (57 per cent) were found as Adverse Analytical Findings by WADA till January 31, 2021.
WADA report 2018 –
- As per the report India was placed 4th place with 107 ADRVs, behind Russia (144), Italy (132) and France (114) for anti-doping violations in 2018.
WADA report FAQs
What is WADA stand for?
WADA stands for World Anti-Doping Agency.
What is WADA certification?
WADA certification includes testing laboratories that monitor and test athlete compliance with anti-doping regulations.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.