Today Top Current Affairs 21 September 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
MoPSW Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launches Multiple Development Projects in Assam
The Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW) and Ayush – Sarbananda Sonowal launched multiple projects for the development of the Bogibeel region near Dibrugarh in Assam. Sonowal has also laid the foundation stones for the construction of two floating jetties at Bogibeel and Guijan, and made the inauguration of the ‘Bogibeel Riverfront Passenger Jetty’.
- Bogibeel Riverfront Passenger Jetty is Built on the Brahmaputra (NW-2).
- It will facilitate cargo and passenger movement, boost tourism activities, generate jobs and give an impetus to the economic growth of the region.
- The two floating jetties at Bogibeel in Dibrugarh district and Guijan in Tinsukia district are being built by the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) over the National Waterways – 2 (NW-2), popularly known as River Brahmaputra.
Army Chief Gen Manoj Pande reviews exercise Parvat Prahar in Ladakh
Indian Army Chief General Manoj Pande reviewed exercise Parvat Prahar and took a brief on operational preparedness by commanders on the ground. Army Chief General Manoj Pande is on a two-day visit to Ladakh amid the ongoing disengagement process between India and China in the Gogra-Hot Springs area on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- The process follows the 16th round of talks between the corps commanders of India and China that was conducted at Chushul Moldo Meeting Point on July 17th, 2022.
- During his visit, Gen Manoj Pande interacted with the Army officers and troops and complimented them for their steadfastness and professional standards.
76 start-ups onboarded under the ‘India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale Start-Up Challenge’ by MoHUA
Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has shortlisted 76 start-ups under the ‘India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale Start-Up Challenge’ under AMRUT 2.0 Mission to spread awareness among the masses about the conservation of water bodies at an event in New Delhi, which will be provided financial support of up to ₹ 20 lakh each to work in the fields of water supply, used water management, water body rejuvenation and groundwater management etc.
- Union Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State for MoHUA Kaushal Kishore, and D.Thara (Additional Secretary) were also present.
- The start-ups can apply through ‘Startup Gateway’ and will be shortlisted by MoHUA for financial support.
MHA Notifies Rules for Criminal Procedure (Identification) Act 2022: Grant Cops Access to Biometric Data
The Centre notified a controversial law the rules for Criminal Procedure (Identification) Act, 2022. the act gives powers to enforcement agencies to collect biological samples, retina scans, biometrics and behavioural attributes of convicted, arrested or detained persons. As per the act, data of people arrested under offences related to elections (Chapter IXA of the Indian Penal Code) and offences related to contempt or disobedience of public servants’ authority (Chapter X of the IPC) can only be taken with the “prior written approval” of a police officer, not below the rank of a superintendent of police.
- In April 2022, Parliament passed the Criminal Procedure (Identification) Act, 2022 has come into force.
- The new act has replaced the Identification of Prisoners Act, 1920, a colonial-era law, and authorises police officers to take measurements of people convicted, arrested or facing trial in criminal cases.
Multinational Naval Ex Kakadu 2022 in Australia
Royal Australian Navy hosted the multinational Exercise Kakadu-2022 and INS Satpura and a maritime patrol aircraft of the Indian Navy participated in multinational Exercise Kakadu-2022. Exercise Kakadu-2022 will be held for a period of a two-week-long and 14 navies will participate.
- From the Indian side, the Indian Air Force included four Su-30 MKI and two C-17 aircraft that participated in Exercise Pitch Black 22 in Australia has returned after successful participation in the multinational exercise.
- Royal Australian Air Force has hosted Exercise Pitch Black 22 at its Darwin Air Base.
SBIF & WWF India Partners for Red Panda Transboundary Conservation
SBI Foundation and WWF India partnered for Red Panda transboundary conservation in Sikkim and Darjeeling, Kalimpong District of West Bengal on the occasion of the International Red Panda Day on 17th September 2022.
- Every year, International Red Panda Day is celebrated on the third Saturday of September, aimed at supporting Red Panda conservation.
- This day marks the Himalayan Mountains’ elusive Firefox and generates much-needed awareness about the species.
- Himalayan Zoological Park is the first-of-its-kind, where animals are kept in their natural habitat.
Federal Bank launches pilot for instant Kisan Credit Card lending in Tamil Nadu
Federal Bank has launched a pilot for instant Kisan Credit Card (KCC) lending in order to digitalise rural finance in select districts of Tamil Nadu. Reserve Bank Innovation Hub, a subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) developed this instant Kisan Credit Card (KCC).
- The farmers will be offered a new experience as compared to the conventional method of lending in terms of convenience and turnaround time under the digital loan scheme.
- The instant KCC will operate e-KYC and eSign, Application Programming Interface (APIs) developed by the Tamil Nadu E-Governance Agency (TNeGA).
- It will also contain credit history from bureaus to process loans to farmers in a matter of few minutes.
- RBI also launched the pilot for KCC lending in Madhya Pradesh and Tamil Nadu in September 2022 and partnered with Union Bank of India, Federal Bank and State governments.
CCI approves merger of Jio Cinema OTT platform with Viacom18
Fair-trade regulator Competition Commission of India (CCI) has given its approval to the merger of Jio Cinema OTT with Viacom18 Media. Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) and Viacom18 partnered with Bodhi Tree Systems in April 2022. Bodhi Tree will invest Rs 13,500 crore in Viacom18. Reliance Projects & Property Management Services will invest Rs 1,645 crores in the broadcaster as part of the tripartite partnership, to form one of the largest TV and digital streaming firms in India.
- Reliance’s popular Jio Cinema OTT app will be transferred to Viacom18 under the partnership.
Indian Navy Decommissions INS Ajay after 32 Years Of Glorious Service
On 19th September 2022, INS Ajay was decommissioned after rendering 32 years of glorious service to the country. With this regard, The ceremony was held at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai.
- INS Ajay was commissioned on January 24, 1990, at Poti, Georgia in the erstwhile USSR.
- It was part of the 23rd Patrol Vessel Squadron under the operational control of Flag Officer Commanding, Maharashtra Naval Area.
- The ship joined various naval operations including Op Talwar during Kargil War and Op Parakram in 2001.
Bangladesh won 2022 SAFF Women’s Championship
Bangladesh women’s football team won all the awards of the 6th edition of the Saff Women’s Championship. in the final, Bangladesh defeated host Nepal by 3-1 goals in the final held on 19th September 2022 at Dasharath Rangasala Stadium.
- Goal-machine Sabina Khatun was selected as the most valuable player of the tournament.
- Bangladesh custodian Rupna Chakma was given the best goalkeeper award for her impressive performance under the bar.
- She conceded only a lone goal throughout the tournament.
Bangladesh cricketer Rubel Hossain Retires From Test Cricket
Bangladesh pacer Rubel Hossain announced his retirement from Test cricket. Rubel Hossain represented Bangladesh in 27 Tests over the span of 13 years. he took 36 wickets in his Test career with the best figure of 5/166 – his one and only five-wicket haul.
- He made his Test format debut in 2009.
- Hossain will continue playing ODI and T20I formats for Bangladesh.
- He will play in the Dhaka Premier League, Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) along with other white-ball tournaments.
ICC announces changes in Cricket Rules: Saliva ban made permanent
The International Cricket Council, ICC has announced to make various changes to its playing conditions after the Chief Executives’ Committee ratified recommendations from the Sourav Ganguly-led Men’s Cricket Committee. the changes in Cricket will come into effect on 1st October 2022.
- According to the new rules, Mankad will no longer be considered an unfair play and would be called a ‘Run-Out’.
- The saliva ban was implemented two years ago due to covid-19 would now be permanent.
- players can not be allowed to use saliva to make the ball shine.
- A new batter is caught out the new batsman coming will be the one taking strikes. it is an interesting change in rule in Cricket history.
West Bengal approved for issuing LoI to Adani Group for Tajpur deep Sea Port
The West Bengal Cabinet decided to give industrialist Gautam Adani a contract to build a deep sea port at Tajpur in Purba Medinipur district at an investment of Rs 25,000 crores. The State govt has planned to connect the industrial and economic corridor between Raghunathpur in Purulia district and Dankuni in Hooghly. Once developed, Tajpur would be Bengal’s only greenfield port in half a century since the Haldia Dock Complex was set up in the 1960s.
- The port will offer a quick access to international markets for industries in the state.
- All the eastern States and the North East India will get benefited from the dramatically improved connectivity through highways and integrated inland waterways.
World Bank approves $150 million loan to Punjab for better finances & public services
The World Bank (WB) has approved a loan of $150 million (nearly ₹1,200 crores) to Punjab for The ‘Punjab: Building Fiscal and Institutional Resilience Program, aimed at helping better manage its financial resources and improve access to public services. “The ‘Punjab: Building Fiscal and Institutional Resilience Program’ aims to strengthen the institutional capabilities of various government departments, manage fiscal risks and make informed policy choices to support sustainable growth.
- The new project will play an important role in achieving the Punjab development goals by strengthening planning, budgeting and monitoring functions and leveraging digital technology.
- The ‘Punjab: Building Fiscal and Institutional Resilience Program contain two initiatives. 1) a performance-based grants system for incentivising municipal corporations to improve service delivery. 2) demonstrating 24×7 water supply in select areas in Amritsar and Ludhiana.
International Week of Deaf People 2022
Every year, the full week ending on the last Sunday of September is observed as the International Week of the Deaf (IWD) across the world. In 2022, (International Week of Deaf People ) IWD will be celebrated from September 19 to 25 September 2022. World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) started this initiative and launched it in 1958 in Rome, Italy to mark the month when the first World Congress of the WFD was held.
- The theme of the 2022 International Week of Deaf People is “Building Inclusive Communities for All”.
- The main purpose of the International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) is to raise awareness of sign languages and strengthen their status of sign languages.
International Red Panda Day 2022
Every year, International Red Panda Day is celebrated on the 3rd Saturday of September to raise awareness about the red panda conservation issues.. in 2022, the day falls on 17 September. The International Union for the Conservation of Nature celebrates this day and considers the red panda to be an endangered species. an estimated 10,000 red pandas are left in the world as per National Geographic.
- International Red Panda Day helps your child become a red panda ranger, by giving the organisation some donation, or by buying the official IRPD 2022 shirt.
International Coastal Cleanup Day 2022
Every year, International Coastal Cleanup Day is observed on September 17 to bring cleanliness and purity to nature as a whole. this day also raises awareness about the growing pollution on various beaches of the world.
- The theme for International Coastal Cleanup Day 2022 is “Fighting for Trash Free Seas.”
- In 1972, The Ocean Conservancy organization was founded to take care and clean the American coastlines and branches from trash, waste and pollution.
- Linda Maraniss and Kathy O’Hara founded International Coastal Cleanup Day and both worked at the Ocean Conservancy in 1986.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.