Today Top Current Affairs 21 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 21 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 21 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
The Christmas Pig Book by JK Rowling in October 2021
JK Rowling (Author of Harry Potter) is going to release a new children’s book titled “The Christmas Pig” on 12th October 2021.
- It highlights the story of a young boy named Jack and his love for his beloved stuffed toy (Dur Pig) which gets missing and how Jack goes to extreme lengths to get his stuffed toy pig.
- “The Christmas Pig” is Rowling’s first children’s novel
World Press Freedom index 2021: India at 142 of 180 spots
On 20th April 2021, the latest World Press Freedom Index 2021 has been released and India has given 142nd position among 180 countries and remains “one of the world’s most dangerous countries” for journalists. in the last year 2020, India was at 142nd position.
- In the World Press Freedom Index 2021, Norway has topped and followed by Finland and Denmark have got the 2nd and 3rd position.
- On the other hand, Eritrea is at the bottom of the Index. China is ranked 177th position and is only above North Korea at 179 and Turkmenistan at 178.
- India’s neighbourhood countries, Nepal is at 106, Sri Lanka at 127, Myanmar (before the coup) at 140, Pakistan at 145 and Bangladesh at 152.
- The 2021 World Press Freedom Index compiled by Reporters Without Borders (RSF).
World Creativity and Innovation Day 2021
The World Creativity and Innovation Day or #WCID is observed on 21st April every year across the world. In 2021, The World Creativity and Innovation Week is being celebrated between 15th April and 21st April.
- It aims to create awareness regarding the importance of creativity and innovation in problem-solving
- It also encourages creative multidisciplinary thinking at the individual and group levels.
- In the year 2017, The United Nations approved this day to observe in April month.
- Next year, this day was observed for the first time on April 21, 2018.
Civil Service Day 2021
National Civil Service Day is marked on 21st April every year in India to appreciate the tremendous work done by officers engaged in public administration, in departments of the central and state govts.
- On this day, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel addressed the newly appointed Administrative Services Officers in the year 1947.
Former RBI Governor Maidavolu Narasimham Dies at 94
The former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Maidavolu Narasimham has died at the age of 94. Narasimham died on 20 April 2021 in Hyderabad from COVID-19 complications.
- He was known as “Father of Indian Banking Reforms”.
- Maidavolu served as 13th Governor of RBI between 2nd May 1977 and 30th November 1977.
- He also served as Research Officer in the Economics Department.
- and, was appointed as Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs.
- Along with it, he worked as India’s executive director at the World Bank and later at the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Former US Vice President Walter Mondale Dies at 93
The former US Vice President Walter Mondale has taken his last breath at the age of 93.
- He served as the 42nd Vice President of the United States.
- Also, Mondale was appointed as Vice President between 1977 and 1981 under President Jimmy Carter.
- Walter had served as attorney general to his home state of Minnesota between 1960 and 1964.
- And then he became a US senator from that state between 1964 and 1976.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|