Today Top Current Affairs 20 September 2021
Daily Current Affairs 20 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Sirarakhong Chilli and Tamenglong Orange (Mainpur) gets GI tag
Manipur’s Hathei chilly and Tamenglong Orange have received the Geographical Index (GI) tag. Hathei chilly is known as the Sirarakhong chilly, is situated about 66 km from Imphal.
- The Hathei chilly is used as a good anti-oxidant and possesses high calcium and Vitamin C levels.
- The Tamenglong mandarin orange contains high juice content.
Sikkim declares ‘Katley’ as state fish
The govt of Sikkim has declared ‘Cooper Mahseer’ locally named ‘Katley’ as the state fish. The naming of ‘Katley’ as a state fish will aim to provide the importance of the fish and to give emphasis to its conservation measures.
- Neolissochilus hexagonolepis is the scientific name of the Cooper Mahseer.
LIC Launches Mobile App ‘PRAGATI’ for Development Officers
The Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has unveiled a new mobile app known as ”PRAGATI” for its Development Officers. PRAGATI stands for Performance Review Application, Growth And Trend Indicator.
- The Pragati app will play a role in getting near real-time information regarding the performance of their agency force in critical areas of business performance like premium collection, agency activation, prospective outperformers, and so on.
- It will be useful to monitor their team on activities such as usage of agents mobile app and NACH validation.
Ford Motor will close manufacturing plants in India
Ford Motor has made an announcement to shut down manufacturing plants in India. in India, it has two integrated manufacturing facilities including Chennai and Sanand, Gujarat.
- The company will close the manufacturing of vehicles for exports in Sanand, Gujarat by the 4th quarter of 2021.
- Ford will close vehicle and engine manufacturing in Chennai by the second quarter of 2022.
Rajnath Singh launches ‘Shining Sikh Youth of India’ written by Dr Prabhleen Singh
On 17th September 2021, The Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh has released a book titled ‘Shining Sikh Youth of India’ in New Delhi to mark the 400th birth anniversary of Guru Tegh Bahadur, the ninth Guru of Sikhs.
- The administrative officer at the Punjabi University, Patiala Dr Prabhleen Singh has penned the book.
- The Book includes 100 inspirational and motivational success stories of Sikh youth in India.
Charanjit Singh Channi becomes the next Chief Minister of Punjab
The Congress party has selected Charanjit Singh Channi as the new Chief Minister of Punjab. on 18th September 2021, Capt Amarinder Singh resigned as chief minister.
- Charanjit Singh is chosen as the leader of the Punjab Congress Legislative Party (CLP).
- He is also an MLA from the Chamkaur Sahib assembly constituency.
M.S. Dhoni as mentor for Indian Men’s Team for T20 World Cup 2021
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is elected as the mentor of the Indian cricket Men’s team for the ICC T20 World Cup 2021. India Team will play the T20 world cup in Oman and UAE and will be held from October 18th, 2021.
- Apart from this, Run-Machine Virat Kohli will resign as the captain of the T20 cricket team after the World Cup.
Pankaj Advani won Asian Snooker Championship 2021
Pankaj Advani has won the Asian Snooker Championship 2021 for a second consecutive time. in the final, he defeated Amir Sarkhosh.
- prior to this, Pankaj won the last Asian Snooker Championship title in 2019. also, he has won titles in all forms including billiards, snooker, 6Reds, and 10Reds competitions.
Odia litterateur, social worker and journalist Manorama Mohapatra dies
Eminent Odia litterateur, social worker, and journalist Manorama Mohapatra have passed away at the age of 87 years. She served as an editor of Odia daily ‘The Samaja’.
- Manorama Mohapatra was honored with the Sahitya Academy Award (1984), Soviet Nehru Award (1988), Critic Circle of India Award (1990), Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar Samman (1991), and Rupambara Award (1994)