Today Top Current Affairs 19 September 2021
Daily Current Affairs 19 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Ministry of Law and Justice launches Pan-India Special Campaign named Ek Pahal for Justice Delivery at doorstep
The Ministry of Law and Justice has launched Pan-India Special Campaign named “Ek Pahal /एक पहल”, aiming to encourage mass registration under Tele-Law.
- The “Ek Pahal /एक पहल” drive will be in operational in the country from 17th September till 2nd October to encourage mass registration under Tele-Law.
- The “Ek Pahal” campaign will cover 51,434 Common Service Centres in 50,000 Gram Panchayats in 633 districts across 34 States and UTs.
MyGov launches Planetarium Innovation Challenge for Indian start-ups and tech entrepreneurs
MyGov India has launched the Planetarium Innovation Challenge for Indian start-ups and tech entrepreneurs. the main aim of the Planetarium Innovation Challenge is to bring together the tech firms and Startups (based out of India) with the potential to build an indigenous planetariums system software.
- Planetarium Innovation Challenge Registration is open till 10th October 2021.
- The Innovation Challenge can be joined at https://innovateindia.mygov.in/.
- ISRO Launched the ISRO Quiz competition 2019 in collaboration with MyGov.
Planetarium Innovation Challenge Prizes
|1st Winner||Rs.5 lakh|
|2nd Winner||Rs.3 lakh|
|3rd Winner||Rs.2 lakh|
Centre extends PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline till March 31
The Govt of India has extended the deadline for linking Aadhaar with the permanent account number (PAN) till March 31, 2022, due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Prior to this, the Aadhaar-PAN linking deadline was September 30, which now has been further extended by 6 months.
- It is the 4th time when the Aadhaar-PAN linking deadline has been extended.
Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh resigns
The Chief Minister of Punjab Amarinder Singh has resigned and he has submitted his resignation to Punjab governor Banwari Lal Purohit on September 18, 2021.
- 50 MLAs wrote to his party head Sonia Gandhi seeking that Amarinder Singh is replaced as chief minister.
Fino Payments Bank appoints Pankaj Tripathi as brand ambassador
Fino Payments Bank (FPBL) has appointed Indian actor Pankaj Tripathi as its first brand ambassador for a period of two-year.
- Pankaj Tripathi will work to run Fino Payments Bank’s marketing campaigns across various platforms, will work for Fino bank’s first campaign titled ‘Fikar Not’.
- He will also promote its products and services.
Indo-Nepal joint military exercise Surya Kiran – 15
India will participate in the 15th edition of Indo – Nepal Joint Military Training Exercise named Surya Kiran with Nepal. the Exercise will be conducted from September 20th, 2021, at Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand.
- The aim of the exercise is to share their experiences of various counter-insurgency operations, and familiarise themselves with each other’s weapons, equipment, tactics, techniques, and procedures of operating in a counter-insurgency environment in mountainous terrain.
- It will also boost the bilateral relations and further strengthen the traditional friendship between India and Nepal.
Translating Myself and Others Book by Jhumpa Lahiri
The Pulitzer Prize-winning noted fiction writer, Jhumpa Lahiri will release her new book titled ‘Translating Myself and Others’. The book will mark her work as a translator.
- The book will be launched in the next year in Spring.
- The book is to be published by Princeton University Press.
- The book highlights Lahiri’s experiences on the meaning of translation, translating her own writing, and writing across languages.
World Bamboo Day 2021
Every year, World Bamboo Day is observed on 18th September across the world. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness to conserve and promote the bamboo industry.
- It also aims to bring the potential of bamboo to protect the natural resources and the environment and ensures sustainable utilization of bamboo.
- The theme for the 12th edition of WBD (World Bamboo Day) 2021 is ‘#PlantBamboo: It Is Time To Plant Bamboo’.
International Red Panda Day 2021
International Red Panda Day is observed on the third (3rd) Saturday of September month every year. in 2021, this day falls on September 18. the main purpose of this day is to raise public awareness and support for red panda conservation issues.
- In 2010, The Red Panda Network designated International Red Panda Day, and The first international Red Panda day was observed on September 18th, 2010.
International Coastal Clean-Up Day 2021
The International Coastal Cleanup Day is marked on the third (3rd) Saturday in September. in 2021, The International Coastal Cleanup Day was observed on 18 September.
- The 36th International Coastal Clean-up Day was organized by the Eastern Naval Command (ENC).
- ENC conducted the drive at Yarada Beach, Bheemunipatnam Beach and other sea fronts.
- The theme of International Coastal Clean-Up Day 2021 is: “Keep trash in the bin and not in the ocean”.
World Water Monitoring Day 2021
The World Water Monitoring Day is marked on 18th September every year across the world since 2003. The aim of this day is to raise public awareness and involvement in water monitoring and protecting water resources around the world.
- The theme for World Water Monitoring Day 2020 is ‘Solve Water. ‘
International Equal Pay Day 2021
International Equal Pay Day is observed on 18th September every year across the world. The inaugural edition of the day was observed in the year 2020.
- The main purpose of this day is to achieve equal pay for work of equal value and break the walls against all forms of discrimination, including discrimination against women and girls.