Today Top Current Affairs 1st June 2023: Daily Top GK Updates for Bank Exam – PrepareExams’s Current Affairs Today Section offers the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2023-2024 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC and other competitive exams.
Today Top Current Affairs 1st June 2023 – Top GK
India extends $1 billion credit line to Sri Lanka
India extended its $1 billion credit line to Sri Lanka for another year in order to help the island nation hit hard by an unprecedented economic crisis procure much-needed food, medicine and other essential items.
- In March 2022, the State Bank of India (SBI) and the Sri Lankan government signed an agreement for a $1 billion credit facility. Indian Govt extended the credit line to Sri Lanka at the height of the country’s economic crisis.
14th Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM-14) and 8th Mission Innovation (MI-8) meeting
The 14th Clean Energy Ministerial and 8th Mission Innovation meeting (CEM14/MI-8) will be held in Goa from the 19th to the 22nd of July, 2023. The theme of CEM-14 / MI-8 is “Advancing Clean Energy Together”.
- The Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) and Mission Innovation (MI) meetings will bring governments, international organizations, the private sector, academia, innovators, civil society, early career researchers and policymakers under one roof.
- It will also feature high-level ministerial dialogues, global initiative launches, award announcements, minister-CEO roundtables and a wide array of side events cutting across diverse themes of the clean energy transition.
Sachin Tendulkar as ‘smile ambassador’ for Maharashtra govt
The Eknath Shinde-led Shiv Sena-Bharatiya Janata Party government has roped cricket great Sachin Tendulkar as Maharashtra’s ‘Smile Ambassador’ under the state’s ‘Swachh Mukh Abhiyan’. the Swachh Mukh Abhiyan aims to raise awareness about oral health and hygiene across the state.
- Sachin Tendulkar will be the face of the state medical education and drug department’s Swachh Mukh Abhiyan (SMA) and offered his association free of cost, and for the entire duration the government wishes to run the programme.
- He will be the campaign’s brand ambassador for the next five years.
Tayyip Erdogan re-elected as President of Turkey
The Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, emerged victorious in the current election following a tense run-off, as per the unofficial data from the state-run Anadolu Agency and the country’s Supreme Election Council.
- In the first round held on May 14, Erdogan could not receive more than 50% of the votes required for an outright win. In the second round, Erdogan received 52.14% of the votes and defeated Kemal Kilicdaroglu, who won 47.86%.
Justice Rao was Sworn In As Himachal Pradesh High Court CJ
Justice Mamidanna Satya Ratna Sri Ramachandra Rao officially becomes the 28th Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court. Governor Shiv Pratap Shukla administered the oath of office to Justice Rao during a ceremony held at the Raj Bhawan. Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu was also present at the event. Chief Secretary Prabodh Saxena, read out the Warrant of Appointment issued by the President of India in both Hindi and English languages.
Bola Tinubu Sworn in as President of Nigeria
Bola Tinubu was sworn in as the President of Nigeria on May 29th, 2023, amidst mounting pressure to address the country’s persistent economic and security issues. The inauguration ceremony was conducted at Eagles Square in the capital city of Abuja. Tinubu’s victory in the February elections met with challenges, as his opponents raised allegations of electoral fraud.
Praveen Kumar Srivastava Sworn In as Central Vigilance Commissioner
President Droupadi Murmu swore Vigilance Commissioner Praveen Kumar Srivastava as the Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC). Vice-President Jagdeep Dhankhar and Prime Minister Narendra Modi were also present.
- Srivastava served as the acting Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) following the completion of his predecessor Suresh N. Patel’s tenure.
- The 1988-batch Indian Administrative Service officer of the Assam-Meghalaya cadre retired as Secretary (Coordination) of, the Cabinet Secretariat, on January 31, 2022.
YES BANK launches new logo, to roll out campaign ‘Life Ko Banao Rich’
YES BANK launched a new logo of the company on 30th May 2023 and will now roll out an integrated campaign with the tagline – ‘Life Ko Banao Rich’ – which symbolises the bank’s core focus of being a complete solution provider.
- The dynamic new identity will reverberate with the evolving needs and aspirations of customers and enable citizens to live each day to the fullest. The campaign tagline ‘Life Ko Banao Rich’, shows the bank’s purpose to encourage customers to spend time and make memories with their loved ones.
‘NTR: A Political Biography’ Book by Ramachandra Murthy Kondubhatla
Journalist, editor and writer, Ramachandra Murthy Kondubhatla, has penned a new book titled “NTR-A Political Biography”. the book shows a realistic picture of Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao (NTR), the star figure in the discourse on cinema and politics in the two Telugu States (Andhra Pradesh and Telangana).
- The book has been published by HarperCollins India, celebrating the centenary year of NTR. Along with it, It reveals many facets of, NTR’s life and his impact on Politics at the state and national level.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.