Today Top Current Affairs 17 May 2022 – Top 10 GK Current Affairs PDF for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
DoT launched GatiShakti Sanchar Portal for Centralised Right of Way
Department of Telecommunications (DOT) has launched the GatiShakti Sanchar portal, aiming to streamline the application and approval procedure for RoW pan India.
- Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said that legal backing for the right of way (RoW) for telecom infrastructure projects will be put in place by December 2022, as he launched the GatiShakti Sanchar portal that will aim to accelerate approvals for the laying of fibre and tower installations, ahead of the 5G roll-out in the country.
RBI imposed a Rs 59 lakh penalty on KEB Hana Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of ₹59 Lakh on KEB Hana Bank for non-compliance with the directions issued by RBI on “Reserve Bank of India (Interest Rate on Deposits) Directions, 2016”.
- RBI imposed the penalty in the exercise of powers vested in RBI under the provisions of Section 47 A (1) (c) read with sections 46 (4) (i) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (the Act).
- RBI conducted the Statutory Inspection for Supervisory Evaluation of the bank with reference to its financial position on March 31, 2020.
Kenyan nurse Anna Qabale Duba crowned world’s best nurse
Anna Qabale Duba won the inaugural Aster Guardian Global Nursing Award for endorsing education and campaigning against outdated cultural practices like Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) in her community. she also received $250,000 (approx. Ksh.29 million) in prize money.
- Duba is a Kenyan nurse stationed at the Marsabit County Referral Hospital.
- Emirates CEO Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum feted the prize money to Anna Qabale Duba at an award ceremony held in Dubai, which commemorated International Nurses Day.
Swiggy buys a restaurant reservation platform Dineout
Online food delivery platform Swiggy has acquired Dineout, a dining out and restaurant tech company.
- Dineout is a food delivery platform that also lists out serviceable restaurants for dining out experience.
- Swiggy’s acquisition of Dineout will give a tough competition to Zomato.
SS Mundra appointed as New Chairman Of BSE
Indian stock exchange BSE has appointed Public Interest Director SS Mundra as its new Chairman. his appointment is to be approved by the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- Mundra has served as the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and retired from the post on July 30, 2017.
- Subhash Sheortan Mundra is a post-graduate from the University of Poona.
- He served in various notable positions such as the Executive Director of Union Bank of India and Chief Executive at Bank of Baroda.
- He also served as the Vice-Chair of OECD’s International Network on Financial Education (INFE).
Vivek Kumar Dewangen appointed as REC Ltd’s new Chief Executive Officer
Vivek Kumar Dewangen has been appointed Chairman and Managing Director of REC Ltd., Ministry of Power. also, the Centre has nominated senior IAS officer Nidhi Chibber as the chairperson of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Vivek Kumar Dewangen is an IAS officer from the Manipur cadre 1993 batch.
- At present, Vivek Kumar Dewangen is serving as the Ministry of Power’s Additional Secretary and Nidhi Chibber is the Additional Secretary of the Ministry of Heavy Industries.
- Nidhi is a 1994 batch Indian Administrative Service officer from the Chhattisgarh cadre.
International Day of Light 2022
The International Day of Light (IDL) is observed on 16th May every year across the world. it aims to mark the anniversary of physicist and engineer, Theodore Maiman who did the first successful operation of the laser in 1960.
- it also has roles in various fields like science, culture and art, education, and sustainable development, and diverse as medicine, and communications.
- The International Day of Light 2022 Theme is the International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development 2022.
World Telecommunication and Information society Day 2022
Every year, WTISD (World Telecommunication and Information Society Day) is observed on May 17 to raise awareness of the benefits that the Internet and other information and communication technologies (ICT) can offer to society and economies and initiatives to close the digital gap.
- It commemorates the signing of the first International Telegraph Convention and the founding of the ITU.
- The main purpose of this day is to mark the founding of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- It also creates global awareness of the changes brought about by the Internet and new technologies in societies and economies and ways to bridge the digital divide.
Daily Current Affairs 17th May 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.