Today Top Current Affairs 17 June 2021
Daily Current Affairs 17 June 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 17 June 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Centre Launches Project O2 for India to ensure Supply of Medical Oxygen
Centre has launched ‘Project O2 for India’. it will make ensure the supply of critical raw materials like zeolites, the setting up of small oxygen plants, and the manufacturing of compressors.
- Under this project, it aims to strengthen the manufacturing ecosystem for long-term preparedness.
UP Cabinet Approves Proposal for World-class Bus Station in Ayodhya
The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has announced to clear a proposal for the construction of a bus station on par with international standards in Ayodhya. the Cabinet has approved a budget of Rs 400 crore for a World-class Bus Station in Ayodhya, UP.
- Buses will have a route between Ayodhya and all major cities of the state from this station.
- Along with it, The Cabinet also approves to build off a four-lane flyover on the Ayodhya-Sultanpur road. the four-lane flyover will be a 1.5-km-long flyover and the amount of Rs 20 crore will be spent on its construction.
Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju Launches Centralised Athlete Injury Management System
The Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju has launched the Central Athlete Injury Management System (CAIMS) on 11th June 2021. the Central Athlete Injury Management System (CAIMS) will be the first-of-its-kind initiative for streamlining the sports medicine and rehabilitation support provided to the athlete.
- The main purpose of the system to offer inputs on prevention, diagnosis, and high-quality treatment and rehabilitation to athletes on time.
- the system will also help in maintaining records for mapping their injury via an Online Athlete Management System.
Science & Technology
IIT Ropar Develops Power-Free CPAP Device Named ‘Jivan Vayu’
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar has developed a device called ‘Jivan Vayu’. Jivan Vayu device will be used as a substitute for a CPAP machine and it will be the first device of the country that functions even without electricity and is adapted to both kinds of oxygen generation units like O2 cylinders and oxygen pipelines in hospitals.
- ‘Jivan Vayu’ device can deliver high flow oxygen (20–60 LPM) during maintaining a continuous positive pressure of up to 20 cm H2O.
- It has been designed to maintain a FiO2 of above 40% with a PEEP (positive end-expiratory pressure) of 5-20 cm H2O.
Scientists from UK Develop Gadget That Sniffs Out Covid-19
UK Scientists have tested an Electronic device so-called “COVID alarm”. it will help in identifying the presence of infection in a crowded space using body odor profiles.
- Early studies, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and Durham University has shown that COVID-19 infection has a distinct smell, resulting from changes in the volatile organic compounds (VOC) which make up the body odor – generating an odor “fingerprint” that the sensors can detect.
Senior Congress leader Indira Hridayesh dies at 80
Indira Hridayesh (Leader of Opposition in the Uttarakhand assembly) has taken her last breath at the age of 80. she suffered from a cardiac arrest in New Delhi.
- Hridayesh was an MLA from Haldwani in the Nainital district.
- She was also a prominent face of the party in the Kumaon region and a contender of the party’s CM face in Uttarakhand.
- Hridayesh has served as the finance minister of Uttarakhand between 2012 and 2017.
- Along with it, She assumed the portfolios of parliamentary affairs and higher education and planning in the Congress government led by Harish Rawat.
Pritzker Prize Laureate Gottfried Bohm Dies at 101
German architect Gottfried Böhm, designer of the brutalist Church of the Pilgrimage, has passed away at the age of 101.
- He was widely known for his concrete churches that were largely built in Germany.
- He was honored with the prestigious Pritzker Architecture Prize and became the 8th winner of this award.
Daily Current Affairs: FAQ
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.