Today Top Current Affairs 16 March 2021
Daily Current Affairs 16 March 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 16 March 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Click to Read in Hindi: करंट अफेयर्स 16 मार्च 2021
All India Tourist Vehicles Authorization and Permit Rules 2021
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has launched a new scheme named “All India tourist authorization and permit, 2021” for tourist vehicle operators. as per this scheme, any tourist vehicle operator may apply online for authorization and permits.
- The main purpose of this new scheme is to boost tourism across the states in our country and is to help to increase the revenue of state Governments.
- The tourist vehicle operators will be granted authorization/permits for a period of three months or its multiples thereof, not exceeding three years at a time.
- The new rule “All India Tourist Vehicles Authorization and Permit Rules, 2021” will come into effect from 1st April 2021.
India’s Foreign Exchange Reserves overtakes Russia and becomes 4th biggest in the world
The foreign-exchange reserves of India have overtaken Russia and have become the 4th foreign-exchange reserves of the World.
- As per the data by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), The foreign currency holdings of India is now at $580.3 billion on the day of 5th March 2021. on the other hand, The reserve of Russia was $580.1 billion.
Top 5 Foreign Exchange Reserves Country
(millions of US$)
The US becomes India’s 2nd biggest oil supplier, surpasses Saudi Arabia
The United States has emerged as the 2nd biggest oil supplier of India last month. The United States overtakes Saudi Arabia.
- India’s February imports have dropped by 42% to 445,200 BPD from Saudi Arabia.
- The country has registered imports rose 48% to a record 545,300 barrels per day (BPD) in February.
- On the other hand, Iraq has been the 1st and top oil supplier to India instead of a 23 per cent decline in purchases.
Former Boxing Champion Marvin Hagler dies at 66
66 years old and former Boxing Champion legend “Marvelous” Marvin Hagler has taken his last breath.
- He was an American professional boxer and film actor.
- He competed in boxing between 1973 and 1987.
- Marvin Hagler was recognized as an undisputed middleweight champion between 1980 and 1987.
Kathakali Dancer Chemancheri Kunhiraman Nair passes away
On 15th March 2021, The Famous Kathakali Guru Chemancheri Kunhiraman Nair has taken his last breath at the age of 105.
Chemancheri Kunhiraman Nair Awards
|1979||Kerala Sangeeta Nataka Akademi award|
|1999||Kerala Sangeeta Nataka Akademi|
Fellowship of the Academy
|2002||Darpanam Natyakulapathi award|
|2002||Kerala Kalamandalam Visishta Kala Seva Award|
|2009||Kalaratnam Award of Kerala Kalamandalam|
|2017||Padma Shri award|
National Vaccination Day 2021
In India. National Vaccination Day is observed on 16th March every year. this day is also known as the National Immunization Day.
- The main purpose of this day is to convey the importance of vaccination to the entire nation and is to create awareness about the necessity of immunisation against not just the deadly Poliovirus.
- In 1995, this day was observed for the first time and in that year, India began the Pulse Polio Programme and the 1st dose of Oral Polio Vaccine was provided.