Today Top Current Affairs 17 March 2021
Daily Current Affairs 17 March 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 17 March 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Click to Read in Hindi: करंट अफेयर्स 17 मार्च 2021
India and Finland Virtual Summit 2021
On 16th March 2021, India-Finland Virtual Summit was organized and PM Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of the Republic of Finland Ms Sanna Marin were present at the Summit.
- During the virtual summit, the bilateral issues and regional and multilateral issues were discussed between both nations.
- Both Prime ministers shared views on the COVID-19 pandemic and emphasized the unprecedented global efforts in speeding up the development and scaling up of manufacturing of COVID-19 vaccines and promoting equitable access to all countries.
UAE players Naveed & Anwar banned from all cricket for 8 years
On 16th March 2021, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Cricketers Mohammad Naveed and Shaiman Anwar Butt have been banned for a period of 8 years by ICC. ICC found them guilty of breaching the ICC Anti-Corruption Code.
- They attempted to fix ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019 in the UAE.
Kiren Rijiju meets IPU President Duarte Pacheco in New Delhi
on 16th March 2021, Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju attend the meeting with President of Inter-Parliamentary Union, (IPU) Mr Duarte Pacheco in New Delhi.
- Both shared their views regarding corporation among the international parliamentarians especially in the field of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- A proposal to make a World Youth Parliamentarian meeting where the younger Parliamentarians can come together and promote some fitness activities.
RBI says to implement an image-based Cheque Truncation System by 30 September
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked all bank to start the implementation of image-based Cheque Truncation System by 30th September 2021.
- the image-based clearing mechanism System will help in the faster settlement of cheques resulting in better customer service.
- The CTS is in use since 2010 and presently covers around 1,50,000 branches.
Reserve Bank of India –
- Bank rate: 4.00%
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: British Raj
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das