Today Top Current Affairs 15 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 15 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 15 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Punjab CM Amarinder Singh Declares Malerkotla as 23rd District
On 14th May 2021, The Chief Minister of Punjab state Capt. Amarinder Singh has declared Malerkotla as the 23rd district of the state on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
- CM also has announced a sum of Rs 6 crore under the Urban Environment Improvement Program (UEIP) for the holistic urban development of Malerkotla.
4th India-Switzerland Financial Dialogue was held virtually
On 11th May 2021, The 4th edition of India-Swiss Financial Dialogue was organized via a video conferencing.
- It aimed to discuss the collaboration on various aspects for eg investments, International Financial Services Centre Authority (IFSCA), National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF), FinTech, sustainable finance, and cross border financial services.
- From India, The Economic Affairs Secretary Ajay Seth led this meet and the State Secretary, State Secretariat for International Finance, Switzerland Ms. Daniela Stoffel led The Swiss delegation.
Fortune’s World’s 50 Greatest Leaders 2021: New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern Tops
Fortune Magazine has released the ‘World’s 50 Greatest Leaders’ list for 2021. as per the list, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has topped.
- The ‘World’s 50 Greatest Leaders’ list for 2021 is the 8th edition of the annual list.
- The chief executive officer (CEO) of Serum Institute of India (SII) Mr. Adar Poonawalla has been ranked in 10th spot. he is the only Indian among the top 10 names.
List of Top 10 Fortune’s World’s 50 Greatest Leaders 2021
- Jacinda Ardern ( Prime Minister of New Zealand)
- mRNA Pioneers
- Dan Schulman ( CEO of PayPal)
- Dr. John Nkengasong( director of Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Adam Silver; Michele Roberts; Chris Paul, NBA Rescuers
- Jessica Tan ( founder of Ping An Group)
- Justin Welby( Archbishop of Canterbury for the Church of England/Anglican Church)
- Stacey Abrams ( founder of Fair Fight)
- Reshorna Fitzpatrick ( pastor for Proceeding Word Church, Chicago)
- Adar Poonawalla ( CEO of Serum Institute of India)
About Fortune Magazine –
Founder: Henry Luce
Editor: Clifton Leaf
First issue date: September 1929
Shakuntala Harak Singh Thilsted Wins World Food Prize 2021
71 year old and Indian-origin Shakuntala Haraksingh Thilsted won the 2021 World Food Prize in recognition of her achievements in pioneering fish-based food systems to improve nutrition, health and livelihoods for millions around the world.
- She was born in Trinidad and Tobago and became a citizen of Denmark.
World Food Prize (WFP)
- in 1986, Nobel Peace Prize laureate Norman Borlaug created the WFP award in order to honor scientists and others who achieved remarkable achievements in the field of food and agriculture by improving the quality and availability of food.
- The Award also includes a $250,000 prize and it is distributed by the World Food Prize Foundation based in Des Moines, Iowa.
ASCI Secretary-General Manisha Kapoor as Vice President of International Council for Advertising Self-Regulation
The General Secretary, of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) Manisha Kapoor is elected as the executive committee of the International Council for Advertising Self-Regulation (ICAS).
- She will serve till the year 2023.
- The other members from Canada, the US, and the World Federation of Advertisers have been appointed as vice-presidents on the executive committee.
Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendra Musician Anup Bhattacharya dies at 77
The famous Bangladeshi freedom fighter Anup Bhattacharya has pass away at the age of 77 due to old age complications. he was also an exceptional Tagore singer.
- Bhattacharya worked as composer and music director at the Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendra in 1971.
- Also, he has composed Baul songs and modern Bangla songs.
84 years old Times Group Chairperson Indu Jain died
The philanthropist and Times Group Chairperson Indu Jai has taken her last breath at the age of 84. she was suffering from Covid-related complications.
- She worked as the chairperson of India’s largest media group, Bennett, Coleman & Co.
- She also served as the founder president of the Ficci Ladies Organisation (FLO).
- As a spiritualist, Jain had knowledge of ancient scriptures.
- apart from this, she was a follower of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev.
International Day of Families 2021
The day of 15th May is observed as International Day of Families every year across the world. in the year 1993, the UN General Assembly declared this day to observe.
- it aims to reflect the importance that the international community attaches to families.
- It also creates awareness of issues relating to families.
- this day also promotes to boost knowledge of the social, economic, and demographic processes affecting families.
The theme of 2021 is “Families and New Technologies”.