BJP MLA Bhupendra Patel named new Gujarat chief minister, will succeed Vijay Rupani
On 12th September 2021, BJP has named first-time MLA Bhupendra Patel as the next chief minister of Gujarat, Bhupendra will succeed Vijay Rupani as chief minister of Gujarat who stepped down from the post a few days ago.
- On 13th September 2021 (Today), Patel will be sworn in as the chief minister and the new Gujarat cabinet will be taken after that.
Who is Bhupendra Patel
- He has won the 2017 Gujarat Legislative Assembly elections from the Ghatlodia constituency.
- He has served as a municipal councilor in Ahmedabad.
- He was also elected as the chairman of the Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority (AUDA).
- Along with it, Patel is a former chairman of the standing committee of the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC).
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.