Today Top Current Affairs 13 March 2021
Daily Current Affairs 13 March 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 13 March 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Click to Read in Hindi: करंट अफेयर्स 13 मार्च 2021
Centre will launch Atmanirbhar Niveshak Mitra Portal
The Indian Govt is developing a portal called “Atmanirbhar Niveshak Mitra Portal”. this will be for information dissemination, hand-holding, and facilitation of domestic investors.
- At present, The portal is in the testing phase and by 15 May 2021, the portal’s final version will be developed.
- The portal will be available in regional languages.
- The Atmanirbhar Niveshak Mitra app will be developed.
Centre launches Mera Ration Mobile App
On 12th March 2021, the Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution has launched the “Mera Ration” Mobile App. the app will be helpful for those ration card holders who migrate to new places for their livelihoods.
- it aims to facilitate several “one nation-one ration card” system-related services to beneficiaries.
- The National Informatics Centre (NIC) has developed the app in collaboration with the Centre.
- The beneficiaries could use the ‘Mera Ration’ app in order to identify the nearest fair price shop and check details of their entitlement and recent transactions.
European Union is an LGBTIQ Freedom Zone
On 11th March 2021, The European Parliament takes a decision to declare the whole of the European Union as “LGBTIQ Freedom Zone”.
- The symbolic resolution was passed in Poland labelling themselves “LGBT ideology-free zones” in recent years.
- Poland decided to remove the loophole that allowed same-sex couples to adopt.
- However, The Govt of the Polish favoured adopting the ban before the European Parliament passed the declaration to support the rights of LGBT.’
Mithali Raj scores 10,000 international runs, becomes 1st Indian woman cricketer
On 12th March 2021, Mithali Raj has completed her 10,000 runs across all formats. she becomes the first Indian woman cricketer and second international cricketer who gets this achievement.
- Mithali joined the Charlotte Edwards of England in an elite club.
- She obtained a milestone of 10,000 run ongoing third ODI match against South Africa.
- in this match, she made 36 runs on 50 balls including 5 boundaries.
World Sleep Day 2021
The World Sleep Day will be observed by the World Sleep Society (WSS) on Friday, March 19, 2021. this year, it will be the 14th annual World Sleep Day.
- a call to action on important issues related to sleep, including medicine, education, social aspects and driving.
- In 2021, this year marks the 14th annual World Sleep Day on 19th March. The slogan / Theme of World Sleep Day is ‘Regular Sleep, Healthy Future.’
World Kidney Day 2021
World Kidney Day is observed on the 2nd Thursday in March every year. in 2021, this day has been observed on 11th March.
- The main purpose of this day is to create global health awareness on the importance of the conditions of the kidney and the impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems.
- Theme 2021– ‘Living Well with Kidney Disease’.