Today Top Current Affairs 13 August 2021
13 August 2021 Daily GK Update, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 13th August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Aadi Pooram celebrated in Tamil Nadu
In Tamil Nadu, Aadi Pooram is celebrated in a subdued manner due to the COVID-19 Restrictions. Aadi Pooram is also celebrated as the birthday of Andal, a famous Tamil Poet of the Vaishnavite sect.
- Andal is known as Godadevi, Nachiyar and Kothai.
- Andal is the only female Aalvaar among the 12 Aalvaar saints of South India.
Chhattisgarh became the first state to recognize Forest Resource Rights in Urban Region
Chhattisgarh state has become the first state of the country that has recognized Community Forest Resource Rights in an urban area. the Govt has recognized the rights of residents of Dhamtari district over 4,127 hectares of forests. also, Community resource rights over 5,544 hectares of forest within the core area of the tiger reserve area have been recognized by the state govt.
About Chhattisgarh –
- CM: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey.
World’s highest mobile ATC towers in Ladakh
In Ladakh, The Indian Air Force (IAF) has constructed one of the world’s highest mobile air traffic control (ATC) towers at the Advanced Landing Ground. It controls operations of fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters operating in the eastern Ladakh region.
- Along with it, IAF has installed the Igla man-portable air defence missiles to capture any aerial incursion by any adversary aircraft.
- IAF also is deploying fighter aircraft including the Rafale and MiG-29s to carry out operations in eastern Ladakh.
India, Saudi Arabia To Carry Out First-Ever Naval Exercise
India is going to participate in the harbor phase of the “Al-Mohed Al-Hindi 2021” exercise with Saudi Arabia in reflection of their growing defense and military cooperation.
- Indian Navy’s guided-missile destroyer INS Kochi has reached Saudi Arabia for the “Al-Mohed Al-Hindi 2021” exercise.
Quad Navies to undertake Ex-Malabar 2021
The Quad country navies will organize the annual Malabar naval exercises, from August 21, off the coast of Guam, in the Indo-Pacific. the navies of India, the US, Japan, and Australia will join the exercises. The main purpose of the Malabar series of Exercises is to enhance the interoperability of naval powers of the four QUAD countries.
- The harbour phase of the Malabar naval exercises will take place from August 21st, 2021 to August 24th, 2021.
- The sea phase of the exercise will be held from August 25th, 2021 to August 29th, 2021.
- From the Indian side, Guided Missile Destroyer INS Ranvijay and Frigate INS Shivalik will join the exercises with maritime reconnaissance aircraft P-8I, ASW helicopters and Special Forces (Marine Commandos-MARCOS).
Indian and US Bodies Ink Deal to Improve Weather and Monsoon Forecasts
In order to improve weather forecasts in the region, Indian and American bodies have signed an agreement on monsoon data analysis and cooperation.
- The agreement was signed by National Institute of Ocean Technology (India) Director G A Ramadass and the US Assistant Administrator for Research and Acting Chief Scientist Craig McLean.
- Both will work to enhance technical cooperation in the development of the Research Moored Array for African-Asian-Australian Monsoon Analysis and Prediction (RAMA) and the Ocean Moored buoy Network in the northern Indian ocean (OMNI) for improving weather and monsoon forecasts between NOAA and India’s Ministry of Earth Sciences.
Skytrax’s top 100 airport list: Doha’s Hamad International Airport tops
In the 2021 Skytrax World Airport Awards, The Hamad International Airport in Doha, Qatar, has been named the “Best Airport in the World”.
- Followed by Haneda Airport in Tokyo, Changi Airport in Singapore, Incheon International Airport in Incheon, South Korea Narita International Airport (NRT) in Tokyo has been placed at 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th positions respectively.
Indian airports the 2021 Skytrax’s top 100 airport list
- The Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport (New Delhi) has been ranked among the world’s top 50 best airports in 2021 Skytrax World Airport Awards.
|Airport Name||Ranking in 2021||Ranking in 2020|
Top Five Airports in the World
- Hamad International Airport – Doha, Qatar
- Haneda Airport – Tokyo, Japan
- Changi Airport – Singapore
- Incheon International Airport – Incheon, South Korea
- Narita International Airport (NRT) – Tokyo, Japan
Kamlesh Kumar Pant appointed new NPPA chairman
The Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet has appointed Kamlesh Kumar Pant as the new chairman of the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) with immediate effect. Kamlesh Kumar will take place of IAS officer Shubhra Singh who was serving since 2018, was repatriated to her cadre state Rajasthan.
- Kamlesh Kumar Pant is a 1993-batch IAS officer of the Himachal Pradesh cadre.
- He has served as the Principal Secretary (Revenue) in the government of Himachal Pradesh and also the Financial Commissioner (Appeals) at Himachal Pradesh.
- He has been the head of the Himachal Pradesh State Pollution Control Board.
JK Tyre ropes in Narain Karthikeyan as brand ambassador
JK Tyre has roped in Narain Karthikeyan as a brand ambassador. Narain is India’s first Formula One driver and has received Padma Shri Awardee.
- Karthikeyan made his debut in Formula 1 in 2005 and is the first racing driver from India.
- In his career, Karthikeyan has competed in A1GP, Le Mans Series and won multiple races in A1GP, British F3, World Series by Nissan, AutoGP, Formula Asia, British Formula Ford & Opel series.
Cashify appoints Rajkummar Rao as first brand ambassador
A re-commerce marketplace Cashify has roped in Rajkummar Rao as its first brand ambassador for multi-years. Rajkummar will promote the products across digital media platforms through campaigns and will conduct promotional activities exclusively for the smartphone buyback category.
- Recently, the company has raised $15 million from Olympus Capital and has acquired UniShop to diversify its Omni category services to users.
Sikkim guv Ganga Prasad gets additional charge of Manipur
Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad Chaurasia was sworn in as the governor of Manipur at a ceremony held at the Durbar Hall of Raj Bhavan, Imphal.
- The chief justice PV Sanjay Kumar (Manipur high court ) administered the oath of office and secrecy to Ganga Prasad.
- Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad will take place of Dr Najma Heptulla who is on leave.
- Dr Najma A Heptulla took an oath as the governor of Manipur in August 2016
B D Mishra takes an additional charge of Mizoram Governor
Brig (Dr.) B.D. Mishra (Retd.) has assumed additional charge of Governor of Mizoram. Mishra is also serving as the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Judge of the Gauhati High Court Michael Zothankhuma administered the oath of office to Brigadier Mishra at Raj Bhavan in Aizawl.
- Mishra takes place of Governor Haribabu Kambhampati who is currently on leave.
NPCI appoints Noopur Chaturvedi as CEO of NPCI Bharat BillPay Ltd
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has elected Noopur Chaturvedi as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NPCI Bharat BillPay Ltd. (NBBL).
- Chaturvedi will serve to scale up the Bharat Bill Pay System (BBPS) platform and will also support it as the most preferred solution for all bill payments under the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) vision.
About NPCI Bharat BillPay Ltd. (NBBL)
- NBBL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NPCI.
- It provides recurring payment services to customers like bill payments for electricity, telecom, DTH, Gas, Education fees, water, and municipal taxes, NETC FASTag recharge, loan repayments, insurance, cable, housing society charges, and so on.
Indore has been declared as first Water Plus city of country
Indore City has been declared as the first Water Plus city in the country under the Swachh Survekshan 2021. Indore is also known as the Cleanest city in the country.
- Along with it, Indore has been the number one city in the country four times in the cleanliness category.
- Indore City has been given the certification from the centre.
About Swachh Survekshan
- Swachh Survekshan is an annual survey of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation in cities and towns In the country.
- Swachh Survekshan is a part of the Swachh Bharat Mission.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Tweet
- “Heartiest congratulations to the citizens of Indore as it becomes the first SBM (Swachh Bharat Mission) Water certified city under #SwachhSurvekshan2021. Indore has been an example for the whole nation for its determination and dedication towards cleanliness. May it continue to bring glory to the state”.
Sciene and Technology
ISRO launcher GSLV F10 launches Earth Observation Satellite EOS-03 in Sriharikota
The ISRO launcher GSLV F10 has launched Earth Observation Satellite EOS-03 from the second launch pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre, SHAR in Sriharikota.
- EOS-03 Satellite is known as a state of the art Earth Observation Satellite. the ISO team will set it in a Geosynchronous Orbit. this is the first time when ISRO is flowing a four-metre diameter Ogive shaped payload fairing.
What will payload do:
- It will help in providing real-time data of natural disasters by constantly monitoring water bodies, crops, vegetation conditions and forest cover changes.
- It can also take images of the country four to five times every day.
ISRO chief K Sivan inaugurates Health Quest study
On 4th August 2021, ISRO chief, Dr. K Sivan has formally inaugurated the Health QUEST study (Health Quality Upgradation Enabled by Space Technology of ISRO) which will be undertaken by 20 private hospitals across India.
- The main purpose of the study is to strive towards reducing human errors and achieve zero defect and quality service in the Emergency and Intensive Care units of hospitals.
- It also purposes to upgrade the healthcare systems standards in hospitals in line with the ISRO quality standards and best practices.
- In order to establish the parameters for healthcare quality standards, The study will be provided with the quality assurance mechanism in vogue in ISRO.
About ISRO –
- Chairman: K.Sivan.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- established: 15 August 1969.
Vice President releases book ‘Accelerating India: 7 Years of Modi Government’
The Vice President of India M. Venkaiah Naidu has released a new book titled ‘Accelerating India: 7 Years of Modi Government’.
- 28 eminent authors have made their efforts and contributed 25 essays in the book on various sectors of Indian governance and Vice President appreciated their work.
- He hoped the book will play a role as a guide for policymakers to reflect and identify key elements of the unfinished agenda of our development.
130th edition of Durand Cup to be held at Kolkata from September 2021
Asia’s oldest and world’s third oldest football tournament Durand Cup is making its comeback and The 130th edition of the Durand Cup is scheduled to be conducted in and around Kolkata from September 5th, 2021 to October 3rd, 2021.
About Durand Cup
- In India, Durand is a domestic football competition.
- It is organized by the Durand Football Tournament Society (DFTS) and the Indian Army.
- The Winner is presented with three trophies, the President’s Cup, the Durand Cup, and the Shimla Trophy.
- In 1888, The tournament was organized for the first time at Dagshai, Himachal Pradesh.
World Organ Donation Day 2021
TheWorld Organ Donation Day is observed on August 13 annually across the world. The day encourages people to pledge to donate their precious organs that can save up to eight lives.
- To raise awareness regarding the importance of organ donation and motivate people to donate organs after death.
International Lefthanders Day 2021
International Lefthanders Day is observed on August 13th annually across the world. In 1976, this day was celebrated for the first time and later, was officially declared in 1997.
- To raise awareness of the advantages and disadvantages of being left-handed in a predominantly right-handed world.
- This day also marks uniqueness and differences of the left-handers