Today Top Current Affairs 13 & 14 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 13 & 14 October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
START TEST: Daily Current Affairs Quiz 13 & 14 October 2021
PM Modi launches Rs 100 lakh crore PM Gati Shakti-National Master Plan for multi-modal connectivity
On 13th October 2021, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated PM Gati Shakti-National Master Plan, from Pragati Maidan in New Delhi with the vision of holistic and integrated infrastructure development in the country.
- The PM Gati Shakti-National Master Plan will be of Rs 100 lakh crore and will provide multi-modal connectivity to economic zones in the country.
- It aims to lend more speed (Gati) and power (Shakti) to infrastructure connectivity projects by connecting all concerned departments on one platform.
- the launch of Gati Shakti will be a crucial step towards the development of the Aatmanirbhar Bharat that will bring about significant improvements and enhancements in the crucial supply chain and logistics segments.
India approves $200 million Line of Credit to support development projects in Kyrgyzstan
India has given its approval to offer a $200 million Line of Credit (LoC) support to Kyrgyzstan for development projects in the country.
- Both countries have also signed an MoU on High Impact Community Development Projects (HICDP). the agreement will help in enabling the implementation of quick community development projects in various sectors for the benefit of common people under full grant funding by the Government of India.
2021 State of the Education Report for India: No Teacher, No Class
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has launched the 2021 State of the Education Report (SOER) for India: “No Teacher, No Class”.
- The report is the 3rd edition of the annual flagship State of Education Report of UNESCO New Delhi.
- The Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai’s expert team of researchers has prepared the report under the guidance of the UNESCO New Delhi.
- The 2021 edition will focus on the theme of teachers, teaching and teacher education.
Delhi Govt launches Desh Ke Mentor Programme for its classes IX to XII students
The Delhi Govt has started off a mentorship program called ‘Desh Ke Mentor’. Desh Ke Mentor will be for children who are studying in Classes IX to XII of state government schools.
- The program will help in mentoring students by professionals and academicians from across the country.
- It will be for 10-15 minutes daily on issues ranging from career choices to teenage-related concerns.
- The ‘Desh Ke Mentor’ mentorship program will run for two to six months (including first two months will be compulsory and 4 months will be optional).
Former I&B and Higher Education Secretary Amit Khare Appointed Advisor To PM Modi
Former information & broadcasting and higher education secretary Amit Khare is appointed as the new adviser to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for a period of two years. His Appointments have been approved by The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
- Amit Khare is an IAS (Retd.) officer from Bihar- Jharkhand cadre (1985 Batch).
- He has served as Joint Secretary in HRD Ministry and Secretary, I&B Ministry for Jharkhand.
Arun Kumar Mishra appointed as new CEO of EESL
State-owned Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) has decided to appoint Arun Kumar Mishra as the new chief executive officer (CEO) of the company on deputation and will be responsible for EESL’s operations across the nation.
- Mishra has over three decades of experience in National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) and Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL).
About EESL –
- EESL is a joint venture of state-owned NTPC Limited, Power Finance Corporation, REC Limited and POWERGRID,
- It was founded in 2009 under the Ministry of Power to facilitate energy efficiency projects.
Former SBI Chief Rajnish Kumar appointed as Chairman of BharatPe
The former State Bank of India (SBI) Chairman Rajnish Kumar has been appointed as the new Chairman of BharatPe on October 12, 2021.
- the former SBI chairman will work with the top officials of the company on key business and regulatory initiatives.
- Also, he will join the BharatPe’s long-term and short-term strategy.
- Rajnish Kumar has served as the chairperson of SBI for a three-year term from October 2017 to October 2020.
- Apart from this, He also served as Managing Director (Compliance and Risk), and the Managing Director (National Banking Group) of the public sector bank.
FIFA launches ‘Ibha’ as the official mascot for U-17 2022 Women’s World Cup
The World football governing body, FIFA has launched the official mascot of the U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022. the tournament will be held in India from October 11-30, 2022.
- The tournament will be organized as the 7th edition of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup.
- The mascot has been named “IBHA” which is an Asiatic lioness.
- The mascot represents women’s power, aiming to inspire women and girls across the world to take the right decisions and reach their full potential.
Chairman of IFFCO Balvinder Singh Nakai died at 87
The Chairman of Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) Balvinder Singh Nakai has taken his last breath at the age of 87.
- in 2019, he was appointed as the new Chairman of IFFCO.
- He was born on December 5, 1934
- He was an eminent farmer – cooperator,
Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO)
IFFCO is a multi-state cooperative society engaged in the business of manufacturing and marketing fertilizers in the country.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 3 November 1967
International E-Waste Day 2021
Every year, The day of International E-Waste Day (IEWD) is observed on 14th October. the main purpose of this day is to promote the correct disposal of e-waste throughout the world with the aim to increase re-use, recovery and recycling rates.
- In 2021, the fourth edition of the International E-Waste Day will be observed in the world.
- The theme for 2021 International E-Waste Day (IEWD) is “Consumer is the key to Circular Economy!”
<<Read Full News Here>>
International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction 2021
Every year, the United Nations observes International Day for Disaster Reduction on 13th October across the world to promote a worldwide culture of risk-awareness and disaster reduction.
- it aims to recognize how people and communities throughout the globe are decreasing their vulnerability to catastrophes and increasing awareness about the significance of mitigating the risks that they face.
- Theme 2021 for International Day for Disaster Reduction is “International cooperation for developing countries to reduce their disaster risk and disaster losses”
<<Read Full News Here>>
World Standards Day 2021
World Standards Day is celebrated on 14th October across the world. this day is also called International Standards Day. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about the importance of standardization in the global economy among consumers, regulators, and industry
- In 1946, World Standard Day was designated in London, UK, and the day was first celebrated in 1970 by Faruk Sunter, the then President of IES.
- The theme for World Standard Day 2021 is ‘Standards for sustainable development goals- a shared vision for a better future’.
<<Read Full News Here>>