Today Top Current Affairs 12 April 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
President Ramnath Kovind Inaugurates Madhavpur Ghed Fair
Indian President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated a five-day-long Madhavpur Ghed Fair at Madhavpur Ghed, Porbandar in Gujarat.
- Gujarat Govt is conducting Madhavpur Ghed Fair with the help of the Ministry of Culture is organizing to celebrate the sacred union of Lord Krishna and Rukmini.
- The Madhavpur Fair connects Gujarat with the northeast region in an integral bond.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Launches Anti-Corruption Mobile App
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has launched an anti-corruption mobile app titled ‘1064 Anti-Corruption Mobile App’.
- ‘1064 Anti-Corruption Mobile App’ has been developed by the vigilance department and will make it easier for people to lodge graft related complaints directly with the authorities.
- the app is available in both Hindi and English
- One can lodge a complaint on the number through the app or by phone.
- All complaints will be registered through the app.
Shehbaz Sharif takes oath as the 23rd prime minister of Pakistan
On 11th April 2022, Shehbaz Sharif took oath as the 23rd prime minister of Pakistan, was administered the oath by Senate chairperson Sadiq Sanjarani.
- Pakistan’s opposition leader Shehbaz Sharif has replaced Imran Khan, who was removed by a no-trust vote recently in the National Assembly.
- Shehbaz Sharif is the brother of former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
- He has served as chief minister of Punjab province for three terms.
Bengali author Amar Mitra awarded O. Henry prize for 45 year old story
Bengali author Amar Mitra has been awarded this year’s O.Henry prize for a short story he wrote 45 years back. The short story titled “The Old Man of Kusumpur” ‘Gaonburo‘ is a Bengali short fiction written in 1977.
- A senior journalist Anish Gupta translated the story into English and has been published in the American web magazine, The Common, in 2021.
Dr Manoj Soni appointed as Chairman of UPSC
Academician and former Vice-Chancellor, Dr Manoj Soni has been appointed as the Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). the appointment of Manoj Soni will come with effect from April 05, 2022, and will serve up to June 27, 2023.
- He has replaced Pradip Kumar Joshi.
- Manoj has served as the Vice-chancellor of two universities, namely Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University and MSU of Baroda.
NITI Aayog’s State Energy and Climate Index (SECI) Round 1
As per Niti Aayog’s State Energy and Climate Index-Round 1 (SECI), Gujarat has topped among larger states, has ranked states and Union territories (UTs) on six parameters including DISCOM’s Performance, Access, Affordability and Reliability of Energy, Clean Energy Initiatives, Energy Efficiency, Environmental Sustainability, New Initiatives.
- Followed by Kerala and Punjab came 2nd and 3rd place. In contrast, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand were placed at the bottom.
International Day of Human Space Flight 2022
Every year, the International Day of Human Space Flight is observed on 12 April across the world.
- The day also marks the beginning of mankind’s space era, reaffirming the critical role of space science and technology.
- The United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution on April 7, 2011, and established April 12 to be the International Day of Human Space Flight.
National Safe Motherhood Day 2022
The day of 11th April is observed as National Safe Motherhood Day across the world and it aims to create awareness about adequate access to care for women during pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal services.
- it also commemorates the birth anniversary of Kasturba Gandhi who was the wife of Nation Mohan Das Karam Chand Gandhi.
World Parkinson Day 2022
World Parkinson’s Day is observed on 11th April every year across the world. it aims to create awareness of Parkinson’s disease, which is a progressive nervous system disorder.
- it also highlights the birthday of Dr James Parkinson.
- Parkinson was from London UK and became the 1st person to systematically described the 6 individuals with the symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
Daily Current Affairs 12th April 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.