Today Top Current Affairs 12 & 13 March 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Union Minister of Power launches Virtual Smart Grid Knowledge Center
Union Minister for Power R.K. Singh has launched the Virtual Smart Grid Knowledge Center (SGKC) and Innovation Park as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav Program.
- the Virtual Smart Grid Knowledge Center (SGKC) will be one of the world’s top centres of excellence for smart grid technology innovation, entrepreneurship, and research, and building capacity in the power distribution industry.
National Land Monetization corporation by Cabinet
The Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of the National Land Monetization Corporation (NLMC) in order to monetise surplus land and building assets of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and other agencies which are associated with the Government.
- NLMC will have an initial authorised share capital of Rs 5,000 crore and paid-up share capital of Rs 150 crore.
- In September 2021, The Centre put out a four-year National Monetisation Pipeline (NMP) worth an estimated Rs 6 lakh crore.
Tripura Govt announced “Mukhyamantri Chaa Srami Kalyan Prakalpa” scheme
Tripura Government has announced a special scheme named “Mukhyamantri Chaa Srami Kalyan Prakalpa”. the aim of the Mukhyamantri Chaa Srami Kalyan Prakalpa scheme is to ensure the social security of over 7,000 tea garden workers of Tripura.
- Under the scheme, govt will assure housing, rations and financial support to the tea garden workers.
- State Govt has also allocated a sum of Rs 85 crore for the implementation of the scheme.
Karnataka government launched ‘Women@Work’ programme
Minister of Higher Education, Electronics, IT-BT, S&T and Skill Development Dr C N Aswath Narayan has launched Women@Work (W@W) programme on 9th March 2022. the Women@Work (W@W) programme aims to provide five lakh jobs within 2026 to women with necessary employable skills.
- Women will be provided training in specialized skills that will help them in being employable in the next five years and will help in contributing to the country’s GDP growth.
- Under the Women@Work programme, free certificate courses will be run for women to get them technically trained in various disciplines.
Haryana CM announced Sushma Swaraj Award for women
Haryana Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar has announced a ‘Sushma Swaraj Award’. the Sushma Swaraj Award will be presented to women for their significant achievements or contribution to different walks of life in the international and national spheres.
- The Sushma Swaraj Award will have Rs 5 lakh as prize money along with a commendation.
- the Haryana Matrushakti Udyamita Scheme to provide support to women for becoming entrepreneurs.
IMF Executive Board Approves US$ 1.4 Billion in Emergency Financing Support to Ukraine
The Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has given its approval for $1.4 billion (SDR 1,005.9 million) emergency support for Ukraine.
- the $1.4 billion emergency support will help in meeting urgent financing needs and mitigating the economic impact of the war under the Rapid Financing Instrument (RFI).
- This disbursement under the RFI, equivalent to 50 percent of Ukraine’s quota in the IMF.
Bhupendra Yadav unveiled the book titled “Role of Labour in India’s Development”
Labour and Employment and MoEFCC Minister Shri Bhupender Yadav have launched a book titled “Role of Labour in India’s Development” as part of the ‘Iconic Week’ celebrations of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’. the book has been published by V V Giri National Labour Institute.
- It marks the contribution of labour in the development journey of India.
- It has 12 articles, written by experts in this field.
“Soli Sorabjee: Life and Times” book by Abhinav Chandrachud
Advocate and legal scholar Abhinav Chandrachud has authored new biography, titled “Soli Sorabjee: Life and Times” on the occasion of the 92nd birth anniversary of Soli Sorabjee.
- The book will be released in April 2022.
- It marks the personal details of the life of Soli Sorabjee, his family background who was the former Attorney General (AG) of India and served two times for the years 1989-90 and then from 1998- 2004.
Sharad Pawar unveiled Ratnakar Shetty’s autobiography “On Board: My Years in BCCI”
The former president of the MCA, BCCI and International Cricket Council Sharad Pawar has released a book titled “On Board: My Years in BCCI”, an autobiographical account of Ratnakar Shetty’s experiences as an administrator.
- Shetty was a Chemistry professor by profession and he was elected as the BCCI’s first Chief Administrative Officer after serving the Mumbai Cricket Association in various capacities.
Star Health Insurance launches Star Women Care Insurance plan
Star Health and Allied Insurance Company Limited have launched “Star Women Care Insurance Policy” to protect the healthcare needs of women at every stage of their lives.
- Users can purchase “Star Women Care Insurance Policy” through premiums that can be paid in quarterly or half-yearly instalments, and will be available for 1 year, 2 year or 3-year terms.
- The Star Women Care Insurance Policy is available as both an individual policy and a floater policy to all females from 18 years up to 75 years of age.
Prabha Narasimhan as CEO of Colgate-Palmolive India
FMCG firm Colgate Palmolive has appointed a former Hindustan Unilever (HUL) executive Prabha Narasimhan as chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director for its India unit Colgate-Palmolive (India).
- She has replaced current CEO and managing director of Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ram Raghavan who was promoted to president, enterprise oral care, for Colgate Palmolive Company.
Govt appoints SBI MD Ashwani Bhatia as Sebi member
The government has elected State Bank of India (SBI) managing director Ashwani Bhatia as a whole-time member (WTM) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for three years from the date of his assumption of the command.
- Bhatia will retire in May 2022 as the managing director of SBI.
- She has replaced Ajay Tyagi, whose five-year term came to an end on February 28th, 2022.
- He has also served as the managing director and chief executive officer of SBI Mutual Fund.
Hungary elects first-ever female president
The Hungarian parliament has appointed Katalin Novak as president of Hungary. Katalin Novak is a close ally of Prime Minister Viktor Orban and become the EU member’s first-ever female president.
- Novak will replace Janos Ader who will end his term on May 10th, 2022.
About Hungary –
- Hungary Capital: Budapest;
- Hungary Currency: Hungarian forint.
Debasish Panda named as Chairman of IRDAI
Debasish Panda has been elected as the chairman of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) for a period of three years from the assumption of charge.
- He has replaced Subhash Chandra Khuntia who completed his term in May 2021 and The post of Chairman of IRDAI was lying vacant.
SC appoints ex-judge Sikri as Char Dham project panel head
The Supreme Court has appointed former Justice AK Sikri as the Chairman of the high-powered committee. the committee was constituted to consider the cumulative and independent impact of the Char Dham Mahamarg Vikas Pariyojana (Char Dham Highway Development Project) on the entire Himalayan valley.
- The Char Dham Mahamarg Vikas Pariyojana (Char Dham Highway Development Project) covers the construction of 900-km roads and will provide all-weather connectivity to four holy towns including Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath — in Uttarakhand.
6 Indian Airports received the ACI World’s ASQ Awards 2021
Six airports from India has been named as the ‘Best Airport by Size and Region’, by the Airports Council International (ACI), in its Airport Service Quality (ASQ) survey for the year 2021.
|Indian Airports Name
|Category – Over 40 million passengers per year
|Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA), Mumbai
Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
|Category – 15 to 25 million passengers per year
|Rajiv Gandhi International airport, Hyderabad
|Category – 5 to 15 million passengers per year
|Cochin International Airport, Cochin
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad
|Category – 2 to 5 million passengers per year
|Chandigarh Airport, Chandigarh
Faf du Plessis named new RCB captain
The former South Africa skipper Faf du Plessis has been appointed as Royal Challengers Bangalore Captain for IPL 2022 and will replace Virat Kohli, who relinquished Royal Challengers’ captaincy at the end of the last season.
- Du Plessis has become the 7th captain of the Royal Challengers. prior to this, the RCB team was captained by Rahul Dravid, Kevin Pietersen, Anil Kumble, Daniel Vettori, Kohli and Shane Watson.
V-Dem’s Democracy Report 2022: India at 93rd
V-Dem Institute at Sweden’s University of Gothenburg has released the latest edition of Democracy Report titled ‘Democracy Report 2022: Autocratisation Changing Nature?’.
- As per the report, India has been ranked 93rd out of 179 countries and is ranked below Sri Lanka (88), Nepal (71), Bhutan (65) and above Pakistan (117) in the LDI.
- Democracy Report 2022 classifies countries into four regime types based on their score in the Liberal Democratic Index (LDI) such as a) Liberal Democracy, b) Electoral Democracy, c) Electoral Autocracy, and d) Closed Autocracy.
V-Dem’s Democracy Report 2022: Top 5 Countries
- Costa Rica
- New Zealand
Skoch State of Governance ranking 2021: Andhra Pradesh ranks 1st
As per the SKOCH State of Governance rankings 2021, Andhra Pradesh has retained its number one position for the second consecutive year.
- Followed by West Bengal and Odisha were ranked at the 2nd and 3rd place respectively. Gujarat was ranked 4 and Maharashtra was ranked 5th spot.
- Telangana has been ranked at the 6th place.
- In 2020, Andhra Pradesh was ranked at the first stop in governance.
- In 2018, Andhra Pradesh was ranked at second position.
- In 2019, it slipped to 4th position.
CRISIL Projected Indian GDP growth forecast at 7.8% for 2022-23
As per the rating agency Crisil, the Indian economy is expected to grow by 7.8 per cent in 2022-23 as compared with the 8.5% projected in the Economic Survey.
- CRISIL also estimated that the ongoing Russia Ukraine war and rising commodity prices can do pose a downside risk to the growth.
International Day of Women Judges 2022
Every year, the International Day of Women Judges was observed on 10th March across the world for the first time after the UN General Assembly passed the resolution concerning the same in April 2021.
- The main purpose of the International Day of Women Judges is to recognise the efforts and contributions being made by women judges.
- It also aims to empower young women and girls who aspire to become judges and leaders in the community.
Daily Current Affairs 12 – 13 March 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.