Today Top Current Affairs 10 July 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 10 July 2021: Daily Current Affairs 10th July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams. Be the first to read all the Today Current affairs 10 July 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Indian Army names Firing Range after Vidya Balan
The Indian Army has named a military firing range after Bollywood actress Vidya Balan in order to recognize the contribution of the actress to the Indian cinema.. the military firing range is located at Gulmarg in the Baramulla district of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Now, this firing range will be called as ‘Vidya Balan Firing Range’.
Govt brings Department of Public Enterprises under Ministry of Finance
The Govt of India has decided to bring the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) under the Ministry of Finance (MoF) in order to ease coordination related to future disinvestment programs. Prior to this, the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) was functioning under the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
Department under Ministry of Finance (MoF)
- Department of Economic Affairs,
- Department of Expenditure,
- Department of Revenue,
- Department of Investment and Public Asset Management
- Department of Financial Services
IDFC First Bank launches Ghar Ghar Ration scheme
IDFC First Bank has launched the “Ghar Ghar Ration” Program. the scheme is an Employee-funded program for its low-income customers whose livelihoods are affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Ghar Ghar Ration is a unique employee-led initiative by IDFC FIRST Bank where employees have contributed their personal income to help those in need in these testing times. We are proud to be a customer-FIRST bank and be of assistance to them in every way possible.
IDFC First Bank’s ‘Ghar Ghar Ration’ program
- The scheme will offer the supply of ration kits to 50,000 low-income customers whose livelihood was impacted by the COVID-19 disease.
- The ration kits will have 10 kg rice/flour, 2 kg dal (lentils), 1 kg sugar and salt, 1 kg cooking oil, 5 packets of assorted spices, tea and biscuits and other essentials for a month.
- employees will deliver the ration kits physically In rural areas and employees will offer pre-paid cards worth Rs. 1800 to affected customers. the pre-paid cards will be used to purchase such essential supplies by urban’s people.
Bharat Dynamics Ltd deals with Indian Air Force for Akash missiles
The Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) has made a deal with the Ministry of Defence for the manufacture and supply of Akash missiles to the Indian Air Force (IAF). The deals will be around Rs 499 crore.
- Akash missile is a medium-range mobile surface-to-air missile (SAM) system.
- it is being developed under India’s Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP).
- Akash missile has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and produced by Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) for the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force (IAF).
The Light of Asia: The Poem That Defined The Buddha by Jairam Ramesh
Former Union Minister Jairam Ramesh has authored his new book titled “The Light of Asia: The Poem that Defined the Buddha”. the book will uncover and narrate the story of the phenomenal poem The Light of Asia that has shaped people’s thinking of the Buddha and his teachings.
- The book is to be released in May 2022 by Penguin’s ‘Viking’ imprint publications.
Zaila Avant-garde Wins 2021 Scripps National Spelling Bee
14 years old Zaila Avant-garde has won the 2021 Scripps National Spelling Bee. Zaila is an African-American and hails from New Orleans in Louisiana
- Indian-origin Chaitra Thummala (San Francisco) and Bhavana Madini (New York) got the 2nd and 3rd place respectively
- Avant is also an accomplished basketball player.
- She is the 1st African-American contestant who has received the prestigious competition in its 93 years history.
- The 8th-grader Avant-garde correctly spelled “Murraya”, a genus of tropical Asiatic and Australian trees having pinnate leaves and flowers and won $50,000 prize.
National Fish Farmers Day 2021
Every year, The day of 10th July is observed as National Fish Farmers’ Day by the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying in association with the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB).
- This day marks scientists Dr K H Alikunhi and Dr. H.L. Chaudhury who had invented induced breeding technology of Indian major carps on 10 July 1957.