Daily Current Affairs 10th December 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
NITI Aayog launches ‘e-Sawaari India e-bus Coalition’
he National Institution of Transforming India (NITI) Aayog has launched an initiative named ‘e-Sawaari India Electric Bus Coalition’ in collaboration with Convergence Energy Service Ltd (CESL) and World Resources Institute, India (WRI India) and Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative (TUMI).
- The initiative aims to share knowledge and learnings on e-bus adoption in India among various stakeholders.
e-Sawaari India Electric Bus Coalition
- It is a step toward ensuring steady and paced electrification of the bus transport system in the country.
- It will also help in addressing the challenges of procurement, operations and financing e-bus deployment.
- With this initiative, India is looking for achieving net-zero emissions.
- It aims to facilitate discussions and identify innovative solutions to scale up e-bus adoption
World Inequality Report 2022
France-based World Inequality Lab has released its report titled “World Inequality Report 2022”. as per the report, India stands out as a “poor and very unequal country, with an affluent elite”, where the top 10 per cent holds 57 per cent of the total national income while the bottom 50 per cent’s share is just 13 per cent in 2021
- The report “World Inequality Report 2022” was authored by Lucas Chancel, co-director of the World Inequality Lab, and coordinated by several experts.
Asia Power Index 2021: India at 4th
As per the Lowy Institute Asia Power Index 2021, Indian has been ranked as the 4th most powerful country in the Asia-Pacific region for comprehensive power out of 26 countries. India achieved an overall score of 37.7 out of 100.
- The Lowy Institute Asia Power Index has pointed that India exerts less influence in the region than expected due to its negative power gap score.
- India is ranked lower than Nepal and Sri Lanka in the power gap index.
- The United States has topped for overall power in the Asia-Pacific region and followed by China and Japan has been ranked at the 2nd and 3rd spot respectively.
- The index represents the measures of economic capability, military capability, resilience and cultural influence.
IIT-Kanpur Scientist Ropesh Goyal received the “Young Geospatial Scientist” Award
IIT-Kanpur Scientist Ropesh Goyal has won the “Young Geospatial Scientist” award for his unique contribution to developing the Indian Geoid Model and computation software. The DigiSmart India 2021 conference event was conducted by the Geospatial World.
- The award was presented by a Member of the Space Commission, the Government of India, and former ISRO Chairman AS Kiran Kumar.
About Young Geospatial Scientist award
- The Young Geospatial Scientist award carries a gold medal and is presented to scientists below 35 years of age in memory of Rachapudi Kamakshi, a strategic analyst with a strong inclination towards geography and geospatial studies.
- The award is distributed by Rachapudi Kamakshi Memorial Trust to recognize and encourage students and young and talented individuals with great ideas and research work in the field of geospatial sciences.
RBI imposes restrictions on Nagar Urban Co-operative Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposes several restrictions on Nagar Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, including restrictions on withdrawals up to Rs. 10,000 for customers.
- with this regard, RBI has sent the directions in the exercise of powers vested in it under subsection (1) of Section 35 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 for six months.
PayPhi launches tokenization service that supports RuPay cards
PayPhi has become the first certified tokenization service for the NPCI Tokenization System (NTS) that offer its supports for the tokenization of RuPay cards. PayPhi is Phi Commerce’s API (Application programming interface) first digital payments platform.
- the tokenization of cards will be an alternative to storing card details with merchants.
- NTS platform help in allowing PayPhi Tokenization service to provide partner merchants and aggregators with Token Reference On File (TROF).
Shivalik Small Finance Bank launches India’s first loan against digital gold with indiagold
Shivalik Small Finance Bank (SSFB) has launched a loan product against digital gold in a partnership agreement with fintech firm, Indiagold. the partnership will allow users to use their digital gold balance to avail of instant and digital loans up to Rs. 60,000 and will also seamlessly access gold loans starting at a monthly interest of just 1%.
- Customers can choose an option to either renew the loan or get their gold home delivered on repayment of the loan.
About Shivalik Small Finance Bank:
- Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh;
- MD & CEO: Suveer Kumar Gupta.
PV Sindhu won Silver at BWF World Tour Finals 2021
Indian badminton ace P V Sindhu has won a silver medal at the 2021 Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Tour Finals (HSBC BWF World Tour Finals 2021).
- The world champion and two-time Olympic medallist P V Sindhu was defeated by Korean teen sensation An Seyoung 16-21 12-21 in the 40-minute lop-sided clash.
List of Winners of HSBC BWF World Tour Finals 2021:
|1.||Women’s Singles title||An Se Young (South Korea)|
|2.||Men’s Single title||Viktor Axelsen (Denmark)|
|3.||Men’s double Title||Takuro Hoki and Yugo Kobayashi (Japan)|
|4.||Women’s Double Title||Kim So-yeong and Kong Hee-yong (South Korea)|
Kazhuveli Wetland declared as 16th Bird Sanctuary of Tamil Nadu
The Environment, Climate Change and Forest Department has declared the Kazhuveli wetland as a bird sanctuary. it is located near Villupuram in Tamil Nadu and will be called the ‘Kazhuveli Birds Sanctuary’ from now.
- The Environment, Climate Change and Forest Department have made the declaration under subsection (1) of section 18 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
- The Kazhuveli wetlands will be referred to as the 2nd largest Brackish Water Lake in South India, only after Pulicat lake.
About Kazhuveli Bird Sanctuary:
- Kazhuveli Bird Sanctuary covers a 5,151.60 hectares of land in Vanur taluk and 3,027.25 hectares in Marakkanam taluks.
- Kazhuveli Bird Sanctuary lies adjacent to the Bay of Bengal along the east coast.
- It is spread over 670 square km in the east coast of Tamil Nadu and includes 13 villages in the Villupuram district.
Pune will host joint military exercise PANEX-21 with BIMSTEC countries
Pune is going to host a multilateral and multi-agency exercise named “PANEX-21” for the member countries of BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation). the exercise will be held between 20th December 2021 and 22nd December 2021.
- It aims to focus on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
- The exercise will help in creating regional cooperation in responding to natural disasters among the BIMSTEC countries
- BIMSTEC countries are Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, India and Thailand.
Fitch Ratings slashes India’s FY22 GDP Growth Forecast to 8.4%
Fitch Ratings has cut India’s economic growth forecast to 8.4 per cent, earlier it was estimated at 8.7 per cent for the current fiscal year (2021-22, or FY22).
- However, Fitch Ratings estimated that India’s gross domestic product (GDP) will boost to 10.3 per cent for FY23.
Forbes’ 100 most powerful women list: Nirmala Sitharaman Ranked 37th
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has ranked at 37th position in the Forbes’ rankings of 100 most powerful women of the world for the third time in a row.
- In 2020, Nirmala Sitharaman ranked at 41 among the 100 most powerful women in the world.
- In 2019, she hold the 34th spot in the Forbes ranking of 100 most powerful women.
The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women: Top 10
- Philanthropist MacKenzie Scott
- US vice-president Kamala Harris
- European Central Bank president Christine Lagarde
- CEO of General Motors Mary Barra
- Philanthropist Melinda French Gates
- Fidelity Investments CEO Abigail Johnson
- Santander Executive Chairman Ana Patricia Botí
- President of European Commission Ursula von der Leyen
- Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen
- Accenture CEO Julie Sweet
Padma Shri awardee Nanda Kishore Prusty died at 104
Noted Educationist and Padma Shri awardee Nanda Kishore Prusty has taken his last breath at the age of 104. he was suffering from a prolonged battle with Covid-19.
- Nanda Kishore Prusty passed a Class 7 and started providing free education to children and adults in Jajpur and people will remember him for his selfless dedication towards eradicating illiteracy in Odisha.
Human Rights Day 2021
Every year, Human Rights Day is observed on 10th December across the world to honour the day in 1948 when the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
- The main purpose of this day is to encourage countries to create equal opportunities for everyone and address the issues of inequality, exclusion and discrimination.
- The theme for Human Rights Day 2021 is “Equality – Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights“.
Current Affairs 10th December 2021: Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|