Today Current Affairs 29 August 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Centre selects 75 Tribal Districts For TB Intervention Projects
Ministry of Tribal Affairs and the Central TB Division of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare focused now zeroing in on 75 tribal districts. Ministry of Tribal Affairs started a campaign to detect instances of Tuberculosis (TB) among tribal populations over the past six months.
- The interventions will be implemented over the next few months with the aim to make them TB-free.
- The campaign launched by the govt was started to detect TB cases across 174 tribal districts started this January under the Aashwasan Campaign under which door-to-door screening was done in over 68,000 villages.
The Representation of People Act: Jharkhand CM Issue
The Election Commission of India has recommended to the Jharkhand governor the disqualification of Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren for allegedly extending a mining lease to himself, which is reportedly a violation of the “electoral law”.
- According to the Section 9A in The Representation of the People Act, 1951, “a person shall be disqualified if, and for so long as, there subsists a contract entered into by him in the course of his trade or business with the appropriate Government for the supply of goods to, or for the execution of any works undertaken by, that Government.”
UEFA Awards: Karim Benzema, Alexia Putellas win UEFA best player awards
Karim Benzema and Alexia Putellas have been honoured for outstanding seasons by winning the UEFA men’s and women’s player of the year prizes at a ceremony in Istanbul, Turkey. France striker Benzema scored 15 goals in the competition and captained Real Madrid to victory over Liverpool in the Champions League final.
- Putellas finished as the top scorer in the Women’s Champions League, helping Barcelona reach the final which they lost to Lyon.
- The coaching awards were distributed to the winners of the two biggest events last season: Carlo Ancelotti of Madrid and Sarina Wiegman, who led England to the Euro 2022 title.
Bank of Baroda subsidiary launches co-branded RuPay contactless credit card for Indian Army
Bank of Baroda-backed BOB Financial Solutions has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in order to launch a Yoddha co-branded RuPay credit card for Indian Army personnel. The new co-branded credit card “Yoddha” will be equipped with contactless features and will be offered on the RuPay platform.
- Yoddha co-branded credit card will offer best-in-class features and benefits along with democratic choice, for the Indian Army personnel.
- Yoddha credit card will also offer an attractive base and accelerated reward points.
Justice Uday Umesh Lalit takes oath as 49th Chief Justice of India
Justice Uday Umesh Lalit takes oath as the 49th Chief Justice of India and was administered by the Newly elected President of India Smt Droupadi Murmu at a ceremony held at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union ministers were present at the ceremony. Justice Lalit’s predecessor, Justice NV Ramana, were also present at the oath-taking ceremony.
- Uday Umesh Lalit was born 9 November 1957.
- He becomes the 49th and current Chief Justice of India.
- he served as a Judge of the Supreme Court of India.
- he practised as a senior counsel at the Supreme Court.
- Justice Lalit is also one of the six senior counsels who have been directly elevated to the Supreme Court.
Sourav Ganguly named as its first brand ambassador DreamSetGo
DreamSetGo has announced the appointment of Sourav Ganguly as its first brand ambassador. DreamSetGo is a sports experiences and travel platform which was founded in 2019. it is solving a specific problem – access to worldwide sporting events and experiences for fans. Sourav Ganguly will help in promoting DSG’s curated experiences offered through its key partnerships with Manchester City, Chelsea FC, ICC Travel and Tours, AO Travel, F1® Experiences and more as the “Supercaptain” for DreamSetGo.
- DreamSetGo aims to deliver seamless, end-to-end, world-class personalized experiences for sports fans in India.
- It will also give them an opportunity to fully immerse themselves in the sport.
Science and technology
Google announces cyber security upskilling programme for 100,000 developers in India
Google, has announced a campaign to upskill 100,000 cyber security researchers and developers in India. The campaign will cover multiple cities across India and offer tools, tutorials and mentorship on security practices for building consumer apps, as well as enterprise programmes.
- The upskilling programme will cover two broad divisions within the programme – Android and Google Cloud.
- the Android upskilling programme will target developers building apps for consumers, the Google Cloud upskilling programme will target enterprise developers and security administrators.
- Google had announced an awareness campaign in order to promote transaction safety in India, and Google announced a $2 million grant for non-profit organisations to build cyber safety tools for “high-risk communities”.
FIFA Council remove ban on Indian football
The FIFA Council has decided to lift the suspension that was imposed on the All India Football Federation (AIFF) due to undue third-party influence. The decision was taken after FIFA received confirmation that the mandate of the committee of administrators that was set up to assume the powers of the AIFF Executive Committee had been terminated and that the AIFF administration had regained full control of the AIFF’s daily affairs.
Neeraj Chopra wins Lausanne Diamond League with 89.08m throw
Olympic champion and javelin thrower, Neeraj Chopra won a Lausanne Diamond League and became the first Indian to do this. In his first attempt, he throws the spear 89.08m to seal his victory in his own style. His 89.08m throw was his 3rd career-best effort, followed by a 2nd throw measuring 85.18m.
Tokyo Olympics silver medalist Jakub Vadlejch threw 85.88m and finished second and followed by USA’s Curtis Thompson was third with an 83.72m throw.
Virat Kohli becomes 1st Indian to play 100 Matches in each format
Cricket Legend Virat Kohli becomes the first Indian and just the second player overall who has played 100 matches each in all three formats of the game in international cricket history. He made another milestone after playing Asia Cup 2022 match with Pakistan. The first man to do so was New Zealand batter Ross Taylor
Kohli played now 100 T20Is to his name and 102 Tests and 262 ODIs since making his international debut in August 2008.
National Sports Day or Rashtriya Khel Divas 2022
Every year, The National Sports Day or Rashtriya Khel Divas is observed on 29th August in India as a tribute to hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand who was born on this date in 1905. In 2012, This day was first designated and celebrated as India’s National Sports Day. on this day, The president of India distributes sports awards like the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award, Arjuna Award, Dronacharya Award, and Dhyan Chand Awards on this occasion.
- In 1979, the Indian Postal Department paid tribute to Major Dhyan Chand after his death and renamed the National Stadium of Delhi Major Dhyan Chand Stadium, Delhi.
- In 2012, the day was celebrated to spread awareness about the spirit of sportsmanship and to propagate the message of various sports.
- On this day, Major Dhayan Chand’s birthday falls.
International Day against Nuclear Tests 2022
The International Day against Nuclear Tests is observed on August 29 every year to increase awareness about the effects of nuclear weapon test explosions or any other nuclear explosions and the need for their cessation as one of the means of achieving the goal of a nuclear-weapon-free world.
- This day was established on December 2, 2009, at the 64th session of the United Nations General Assembly by the resolution 64/35.
- General Assembly announced the day of September 26th as the “International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons”.
- The 64th session of the United Nations General Assembly declared 29 August the International Day against Nuclear Tests through the unanimous adoption of its resolution 64/35 On 2 December 2009.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.