Justice Uday Umesh Lalit takes oath as the 49th Chief Justice of India and was administered by the Newly elected President of India Smt Droupadi Murmu at a ceremony held at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union ministers were present at the ceremony. Justice Lalit’s predecessor, Justice NV Ramana, were also present at the oath-taking ceremony.
Uday Umesh Lalit:
- Uday Umesh Lalit was born 9 November 1957.
- He becomes the 49th and current Chief Justice of India.
- he served as a Judge of the Supreme Court of India.
- he practised as a senior counsel at the Supreme Court.
- Justice Lalit is also one of the six senior counsels who have been directly elevated to the Supreme Court.
- He will take retirement on 8 November 2022 after taking the charge of the office of Chief Justice of India for a period of seventy-four days as the 49th chief justice.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|