Today Current Affairs 10 August 2022 | Current affairs today pdf download – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Google launches ‘India Ki Udaan’ to Celebrate 75 Years Of Independence
Google launched ‘India Ki Udaan’ in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture to mark 75 years of Independence and the project was executed by Google Arts & Culture to celebrate the country’s achievements and is “themed on the unwavering and undying spirit of India over these past 75 years”. The project was officially launched at a glittering event held at the Sunder Nursery in Delhi. during the event, Union Culture and Tourism Minister G Kishan Reddy and senior officials of the culture ministry and Google were present.
Indo-US Joint Special Forces Exercise begins in Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh
The India-US Joint Special Forces exercise “Ex Vajra Prahar 2022”, commenced on August 08, 2022 at the Special Forces Training School in Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh. Ex Vajra Prahar 2022 is the 13th edition of the annual exercise by the US and India Special Forces.
- Ex Vajra Prahar 2022 aims to share the best practices and experiences in areas such as joint mission planning and operational tactics.
- From the Indian side, Special Forces personnel under the aegis of SFTS will join, while, personnel from the 1st Special Forces Group (SFG) and Special Tactics Squadron (STS) of the US Special Forces will perticipate.
12th Defence Expo to be held in Gandhinagar from in October 2022
India’s flagship defence exhibition named ‘DefExpo-2022’ has been scheduled to hold in Gandhinagar, Gujarat and the 12th Defence Expo will be conducted from October 18 to 22, 2022. DefExpo 2022 is the 12th edition of the prestigious biennial defence exhibition and will be a five-day event including three business days and two public days.
- It will focus on the vision of PM Narendra Modi to achieve self-reliance in defence and export of $5 billion by 2025.
- 12th Defence Expo will have live demonstrations at Sabarmati River Front to showcase the equipment and skill set of the armed forces, DPSUs (defence public sector units) and industry.
- The theme of the 12th Defence Expo is ‘Path to Pride’.
PM Modi Chairs 7th Governing Council Meeting of NITI Aayog
On August 07, 2022, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi headed the 7th meeting of the Niti Aayog Governing Council in New Delhi. The last two meetings were conducted through video conference due to covid. in 2022, It was the first in-person assembly of the Council since July 2019. 23 Chief Ministers, 3 Lieutenant Governors and 2 Administrators and Union ministers joined the meeting.
- Crop diversification and to achieve self-sufficiency in oilseeds and pulses and agri-communities;
- National Education Policy-school education implementation;
- National Education Policy-higher education implementation;
- Urban governance.
ITU’s Regional Standardization Forum (RSF) for Asia and Oceania held in New Delhi
Ministry of Communication, Government of India hosted the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Regional Standardization Forum (RSF) for Asia and Oceania region on 08 August 2022 in New Delhi, as a part of the celebrations of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Shri Devusinh Chauhan, Minister of State for Communications inaugurated the Regional Standardization Forum.
- The theme of the Regional Standardization Forum (RSF) is “Regulatory and Policy aspects of Telecommunications/ICTs”.
- A four-day meeting of the International Telecommunication Union-T Study Group 3 Regional Group Asia and Oceania (ITU-T SG3RG-AO) is being conducted from August 9 to 12, 2022.
RBI imposes monetary penalty of Rs 2.33 crore on Hyderabad-based Spandana Sphoorty Financial Limited
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 2.33 crore on Spandana Sphoorty Financial Limited, based in Hyderabad due to non-compliance with certain provisions of the ‘Non-Banking Financial Company – Systemically Important Non-Deposit taking Company and Deposit taking Company (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2016”.
- RBI imposed the fine on Spandana Sphoorty Financial Limited in the exercise of its powers under the provisions of clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 58 G read with clause (aa) of sub-section (5) of section 58 B of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
V Pranav is the 75th Chess Grandmaster of India
16-year-old Chennai boy, V. Pranav, has emerged as the 75th Chess Grandmaster of India and achieved the feat of securing his 3rd and final GM norm on August 07, 2022, in Romania during the Limpedea Open.
- V Pranav made his 1st GM (Grandmaster) norm from the Serbian Open in 2021 and the 2nd from the Vezerkepzo tournament in Budapest in June 2022.
Sri Lanka’s Prabath Jayasuriya and England’s Emma Lamb were declared ICC Player of the Month for July 2022
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has selected Sri Lankan spinner Prabath Jayasuriya ICC Men’s Player of the Month for July 2022 and England’s emerging all-rounder Emma Lamb has been declared as ICC Women’s Player of the Month for July 2022.
- The 30-year-old Jayasuriya made his Test debut against Australia in Galle in July 2022 and received 12 wickets to take his team to a series-levelling victory.
- Lamb made an extraordinary performance in the three-match ODI series against South Africa.
- She secured 234 runs in three matches, including a match-winning century (102 off 97 balls).
World Biofuel Day 2022
World Biofuel Day is observed on 10 August every year across the world to raise awareness about the use of non-fossil fuels as an alternative to conventional fossil fuels. this day also highlight the various efforts made by Govt in the biofuel sector.
- The Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas has been celebrating this day since 2015.
- World Biofuel Day is celebrated to honour Sir Rudolf Diesel. Sir Rudolf Diesel was the one who invented the diesel engine.
- he was the first one to predict the use of vegetable oils as an alternative to fossil fuels with an experiment.
- He was the first one who runs a mechanical engine with peanut oil.
Hiroshima Day 2022
Hiroshima Day (Also known as Anti Nuclear Day/ Nagasaki Day) takes place every year on August 6th to commemorate the day in August 1945 when an atomic bomb was dropped on the Japanese city of Hiroshima on August 6th, 1945 by the United States, followed a few days later by another drop on the city of Nagasaki on August 9th.
- The nuclear attack killed approximately 80,000 people directly and left another 35,000 injured. It led to more than 60,000 casualties.
- Hiroshima Day 2021 marks the 76th anniversary of the world’s first atomic bombing.
- The United States dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Hiroshima and the US used an American B-29 bomber in the second world war to drop the bomb. the explosion killed 90% of the people in the city.
- After three days, on August 9th, 1945, the second bomb was dropped by the US in Nagasaki.
International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples 2022
International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is observed on 9th August every year. this day aims to protect the rights of the indigenous population. also, this day recognizes the achievements and contributions that indigenous people make to improve world issues such as environmental protection.
- In 1994, the General Assembly of the United Nations recognised this day to observe in December. it also highlights the inaugural session of the Working Group on Indigenous Populations at the United Nations (UN) in 1982.
- The theme of International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples 2022 is “The Role of Indigenous Women in the Preservation and Transmission of Traditional Knowledge.”
World Lion Day 2022
Every year, World Lion Day is observed on August 10 across the world. the main objective of this day is to raise awareness and gather support for their declining population and conservation. Lions are listed as endangered species by the International Union for Conservation of Nature’s (IUCN) Red List.
- in 2013, World Lion Day was launched to raise awareness and gather support for their declining population and conservation.
- Dereck and Beverly Joubert, co-founders of the Bit cat initiative, and National Geographic made a partnership to celebrate World Lion Day.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.