Sydney Scholars India Scholarships are offered to promote and strengthen the engagement between the University and India in their investment related to research, and partnership with Industry partners. Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program provides $500,000 worth of scholarships for starting Indian students to help strengthen our bond with India.
Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program 2024 – Overview
|Name of the Organization
|University of Sydney
|No. of Scholarships
|International Students Eligible
A total of 28 scholarships are awarded every year, consisting of:
- 3 x $40,000 per annum for any undergraduate degree of up to four years.
- 10 x $20,000 first-year scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- 15 x $10,000 first-year scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Must be an international student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003. This excludes Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents
- Must have Indian citizenship and be a current resident of India
- Must have applied for but not yet commenced an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at the University of Sydney at the time of application for the award.
|Up to $40,000
|3 April 2023
|4 June 2023
The applicants will have to meet the Admission offer in all respects by the cut-off date of their scholarship offer round. If you don’t do this then, the scholarship offer will be revoked. The applicants must provide the supporting documents mentioned below:
- An updated CV
- Proof of residence
- Documents related to the candidate’s previous academic results.
The Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Application forms can be accessed on the official website of the University.
For 2023-2024, forms will be announced soon.
Candidates will be selected based on academic records along with a personal statement evaluated from a recipient’s application form. The selection committee which comprises two academic nominees and two non-academic nominees made by the Vice-Principal (External Relations) will select the recipients for the Scholarship award.