Indira Rasoi Yojana
- The Rajasthan state government is planning to launch a new kitchen scheme named after former Prime Minister Shrimati Indira Gandhi ji. this new Scheme will provide nutritious food to the poor and needy two times in a day at concessional rates.
- Along with it, Raj state government is going to spend Rs. 100 crore every year on the scheme’s implementation.
- The Chief Minister (CM) Shri Ashok Gehlot said that Indira Rasoi Yojana will focus to fulfil the State government’s promise of “no one sleeps hungry”.
- CM Gehlot anounced about this scheme through videoconferencing from his official residence.
- food will be made keeping in mind the requirements and tastes of each and every municipal area.
- Before it. BJP government had started a subsidised meal scheme named as Annapuran Rasoi Yojana in 2016. ap per Annapuran Rasoi Yojana, breakfast and lunch was used to provide for Rs 5 and Rs 8 respectively
- In order to create awareness drive, CM Gehlot has released five different types of posters, audio jingles and video films and also flagged off five mobile vans that are equipped with materials and equipments.