Shramik Special Trains –
- Indian Railways is going to operate “Shramik Special” trains across the country amid lockdown. The main purpose of these trains is to help migrant workers, pilgrims, tourists, students and people who are stuck at different places/states due to lockdown.
- Due to observe social distancing, Shramik Special Trains can have a maximum of almost 1200 passengers.
- Before entering the train, passengers will have to under go a screening test. along with it, it will be responsiblity of indian railyways to provide free meals and water to its passengers.
- trains will cover migrants to cities like Tiruchchirappalli, Titlagarh, Barauni, Khandwa, Jagannathpur, Khurda Road, Prayagraj, Chhapra, Balia, Gaya, Purnia, Varanasi, Darbhanga, Gorakhpur, Lucknow, Jaunpur, Hatia, Basti, Katihar, Danapur, Muzzaffarpur, Saharsa, so on.
- Indian Railways is not going to operates its trains in various states like Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Odisha, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal.
- Indian Railways will operate only special Trains. for that, State which is sending the stuck passengers and the State which is receiving them
- 366 Shramik Special train will be in operation from several the country amid lockdown.
Q.1 why Indian Railway need to operate Shramik Special Trains?
Indian Railway is looking for to operate Shramik Special Trains to help migrant workers, pilgrims, tourists, students and people who are in different places/states from last 30 Days or more due to lockdown.