Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve bags TX2 award – Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve (STR) in Erode district and Bardia National Park (Nepal) have received the prestigious TX2 award for doubling their tiger populations since 2010.
- Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve is located in Erode district of Tamil Nadu and was declared a Tiger Reserve in 2013.
- It has increased the population of tigers to 80 from only 25 tigers in 2011.
- Bardia National Park (Located in Nepal) has also increased by almost five-fold from less than 20 tigers in 2009 to 87 in 2018.
What is the TX2 award
- The TX2 award is presented for having played one of the most important roles to turn a relatively new tiger reserve into one of the source populations of tigers in India.
- The award is presented by the Conservation Assured Tiger Standards (CA|TS), Fauna and Flora International (FFI), Global Tiger Forum (GTF), IUCN’s Integrated Tiger Habitat Conservation Programme (ITHCP), Panthera, UNDP, The Lion’s Share, Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) and WWF.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.