On 24th December 2022, the Union Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal launched a host of new initiatives including the Right to Repair portal in New Delhi on the occasion of National Consumer Rights day. Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal also launched a host of new initiatives, including the right-to-repair portal and an NTH mobile app.
The Right to Repair portal
- Manufacturers will share the manual of product details with customers so that they can either repair by themselves, or by third parties, rather than depend on the original manufacturers on the ‘right to repair’ portal.
- the ‘right to repair’ portal will cover mobile phones, electronics, consumer durables, automobiles, and farming equipment.
- In July 2022 the Department of Consumer Affairs founded a committee to develop a comprehensive framework for the ‘Right to Repair’.
- Additional Secretary Nidhi Khare headed the committee.
National Consumer Helpline
- National Consumer Helpline launched its service in 7 new regional languages.
- The helpline offers its service in 12 regional languages.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App