Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or National Unity Day 2022 – In India, National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is observed on October 31st every year to mark the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. In 2022, India celebrates the 147th anniversary of the great leader, Iron Man of India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- He is also known as the Father of the Indian Constitution and was a key member of the Constituent Assembly.
- The main purpose of this day is to create awareness regarding Patel’s contribution to Indian history and maintain the unity of the country.
Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or National Unity Day: History
- In 2014, Rashtriya Ekta Diwas was initiated in memory of the First Deputy Prime Minister of independent India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s role was crucial in India’s freedom movement and played an important role in the integration of India from 560 princely states.
- Indian govt established the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel which is located near the Narmada River in Gujarat in memory of the Iron Man of India.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel:
- He was born on 31st October 1875 in Nadiad, Gujarat.
- He was the first Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of independent India.
- He rolled in the integration of many Indian princely states to make an Indian federation.
- Women of Bardoli bestowed the title ‘Sardar’ on Vallabhbhai Patel, which means ‘a Chief or a Leader’.
- The Statue of Unity at Kevadiya in the Narmada district of Gujarat (2018) has been built by the Modi Govt in his honor.
National Unity Day 2022: Inspiring quotes
Manpower without unity is not a strength unless it is harmonized and united properly, then it becomes a spiritual power (Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel)
Take the path of Dharma, the path of truth and justice. Don’t misuse your valor. Remain united. March forward in all humility, but fully awake to the situation you face, demanding your rights and firmness. – (Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel)
The stiffer the opponent, the more our affection go out to him. That is the significance of Satyagraha. – (Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel)
Faith is of no evil in the absence of strength. Faith and strength, both are essential for accomplishing any great work. – (Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel)
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.