International Day of Families 2022: Theme, History and Significance – The International Day of Families’ annual celebration is held on May 15 to highlight the importance of families in society. the day aims to provide an opportunity to reflect on the significant role that these social units play in our lives and to acknowledge the challenges that families face today.
Also Read – World Lupus Day 2023: What Is Lupus?
- It also celebrates the diversity of families around the world and recognises the many contributions that they have made to society.
- this day promotes boosting knowledge of the social, economic, and demographic processes affecting families.
International Day Of Families 2023: Theme
- The 2023 year, the International Day of Families theme is “Demographic Trends and Families”.
- The Theme of 2022 for International Day of Families is “Families and Urbanization.”
- The theme of 2021 is “Families and New Technologies”.
|Year||The theme of International Day of Families|
|2020||Families in Development: Copenhagen & Beijing+25|
|2019||Families and Climate Action: focus on SDG13|
|2018||Families and inclusive societies|
|2017||Families, education and well-being|
|2016||Families, healthy lives and a sustainable future|
|2015||Men in charge? Gender equality and children’s rights in contemporary families|
International Day of Families 2023: History
- In the 1980s, the United Nations started focusing on family-related issues, leading to the proclamation of the International Year of the Family in 1994.
- In 1993, the International Day of Families was designated to increase awareness of the social, economic, and demographic processes affecting families.
- In 2015, The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by all 193 member states of the UN recognise the importance of families and family-oriented policies in achieving SDGs, aimed at eliminating discrimination, poverty, abuse and environmental destruction.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.