International Day of Families 2022: Theme, History and Significance – The day of 15th May is observed as International Day of Families every year across the world. in the year 1993, the UN General Assembly declared this day to observe.
- it aims to reflect the importance that the international community attaches to families.
- It also creates awareness of issues relating to families.
- this day also promotes boosting knowledge of the social, economic, and demographic processes affecting families.
International Day of Families 2022: Theme
- The Theme 2022 for International Day of Families is “Families and Urbanization.”
- The theme of 2021 is “Families and New Technologies”.
|Year||The theme of International Day of Families|
|2020||Families in Development: Copenhagen & Beijing+25|
|2019||Families and Climate Action: focus on SDG13|
|2018||Families and inclusive societies|
|2017||Families, education and well-being|
|2016||Families, healthy lives and a sustainable future|
|2015||Men in charge? Gender equality and children’s rights in contemporary families|
International Day of Families 2022: History
- The United Nations General Assembly made a declaration of the International Year of the Families in its resolution 44/82 of 9 December 1989.
- the Assembly took the decision to observe 15 May every year as The International Day of Families every year.
- the main reason behind this was to encourage people for better living standards and social progress for families globe.
- apart from this, this day points to modifying economic and social structures that may affect the stability and structure of family units in various parts of the world.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.