India’s first centralised AC railway terminal in Bengaluru becomes operational – The ultra-luxury Sir M Visvesvaraya Railway Terminal in Karnataka’s capital city Bengaluru has become operational on 6th June 2022. The railway terminal at the city’s Baiyappanahalli area has been named after Bharat Ratna Sir M. Visvesvaraya.
- the air-conditioned SMV Railway Terminal is a ₹314 crore project.
- It has solar rooftop panels and a rainwater harvesting mechanism.
- It has been equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and claims to have an airport-like aura.
- Kochuveli Bi-Weekly Humsafar Express will depart from SMV Terminal at 7 pm on Fridays and Sundays with effect from 10th June 2022.
- The bi-weekly Humsafar Express will start from Kochuveli from June 11 onwards will terminate at 10.10 am at SMV Terminal on Fridays and Sundays.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App